What We Are Listening To [2021-12]

RoonShareImage-637751117649831513

9 Likes

1 Like

Paul McCreesh attempts to recreate a Vespers service (complete with plainchant) as it was celebrated in St. Markā€™s in Venice in the mid-17th century. A mesmerizing recording, and a Gramophone award-winner in 1993.

RoonShareImage-637751173150550760

8 Likes

RoonShareImage-637751164682056662

10 Likes

Very under appreciated album me thinks.
Though I have now seen it on a couple of best albums of the year list so maybe it will get more listens

1 Like

My first real chance to give this a listen.
And enjoying both the music and the SQ

6 Likes

Loving the new name :+1:
I am going to be singing that everytime you post.
Good thing I donā€™t have to pay royalties to B&S

1 Like

Like the new B&S quote.

1 Like

You inspired me to play this MK classic this morning. Itā€™s not helping me work :frowning:

3 Likes

Sukie is one of my favourite B&S characters.

7 Likes

And that is exactly what I will be singing.
Easily my favourite B&S album and there are quite a few excellent ones to choose from.

1 Like

7 Likes

Seeing them at The Albert Hall playing the entire first album was such a memorable evening. Cost me a fortune to get a ticket and I went alone. Sad and lonely dancing to myself in a crowd of strangers all United in embracing the joy

3 Likes

Feels like itā€™s heading this way again. My extended family seem pulling out of everything. Wonā€™t see any of them again.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been on a thing for her lately. No clue why, but enjoyable enough. RoonShareImage-637751510942399682

6 Likes

If you like Janisā€¦ you will love this from Elles Bailey

4 Likes

Thank you. I will be queuing her up next.
Streaming services are completely worth it for just this reason.

1 Like

She has played for us at LRB twice now, and Iā€™ve seen her and the band many timesā€¦ Never miss an opportunity to catch Elles Bailey liveā€¦

Unfortunately, this was a limited release and not on streaming just nowā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™d be interested in subscribing to any series of live shows you may release.
Hint, hint, nudge, nudge. Beta tester? Non Disclosures are a thing. I know volumes of nothing already. :wink:

1 Like

Ohhh I wish I could, but we do have a YouTube channel where we have authorised releases people can enjoyā€¦ Here is an example from the wonderful Tamara Stewart pre Covid in house gigā€¦

https://i.imgur.com/oeN6i1E.png

2 Likes