What We Are Listening To [2022-05]

7 Likes

Thanks to those who posted this. A very nice listen

7 Likes

7 Likes

Another “Wackies”, this time one is a very familiar name.

Horace Anydy Naggo Morris & Wayne Jarrett
Horace Andy Meets Naggo Morris & Wayne Jarrett (1983)

And it rounded up my arvo of reggae/dub.

Horace

1 Like

Oren Ambarchi(Johan Berthling/Andreas Werliin)
Ghosted (2022)

It’s a little awkward to pin down Aussie guitarist/multi-instrumentalist Ambarchi into one genre, although he typically fills experimental spaces - ranging from free type jazz & experimental to more minimalist & melodic works.

His discography is huge & dates back to the early 90s before he started recording under his own name later in the decade. So, caveat emptor, you need to know what flavour of Oren you are seeking out.

Understated but still intricate, this music gently tests the boundaries that normally keep minimalism and improvisation separate while incorporating subtle flavors of modern jazz, post-rock and the avant-garde. (John Garnett)

I’d suggest this may appeal to those into The Necks as much as it would to those into Krautrock (CAN, Neu etc).

Oren

II

2 Likes

7 Likes

It’s worth a like just based on the title… Very witty. :sunglasses:

RoonShareImage-637881435493594740

6 Likes

The review is spot on. Stabat Mater needs space. The cut down orchestra really adds to the feel and emotion. Same with the superlative Mingardo performance of the Vivaldi Stabat Mater with Alesandrini. Excellent.

5 Likes

RIYL: The Chameleons; Catherine Wheel; Wire; Echo & the Bunnymen; Rain Parade; Ride…

4 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

9 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Please no no.

2 Likes

I see your Flaunt It, and raise you…

I grant you that Flaunt It is a better album, but I have both on CD and there are several fun songs on the second one. I am probably the only person to ever buy both CDs! :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Bonus :heart: for the audacity to go there :joy:

Symphonic black metal (but not overdone with symphonic elements).

2 Likes