What We Are Listening To [2022-05]

:+1:t4::joy: plus 10 (:roll_eyes:)

1 Like

:roll_eyes: I actually just realised that I have a CD player and Blueray player in the attic, but they are very old (same as my memory is getting) :joy_cat:

Enough about CD players… :roll_eyes:
Quite enjoying this

4 Likes

Excellent from Wilco.

11 Likes

This indeed is very good. Got a few listens today / tonight.

1 Like

7 Likes

Just for you sir…
https://www.musicdirect.com/marantz-sacd-30n-sacd-cd-player-black-factory-refurbished

2 Likes

I absolutely loved this album when it was released. I still do and it’s a pleasure to sneak it in before bed. :grinning:

6 Likes

7 Likes

Today’s lunchtime listen:

1 Like

Best concert ever - 1982 Royal Festival Hall Melbourne - supported by then local pub favs Painters & Dockers, who were somewhat political in their own right or at least satirical.

I can still feel the tension & overwhelming excitement when they came on stage & opened with London Calling. The set was over 2hrs worth of ‘hits’ - a band at their peak.

Rumour/legend has it for all the girls that went backstage Joe only wanted to know what they knew of local politics and Indigenous matters. If he couldn’t talk to them about politics he didn’t want to know them. His interest was so high he had local Indigenous activist Gary Foley come on stage mid-set during Armagideon Time to ‘rap’ about Indigenous land rights & oppression.

Conflicting stories (poles apart) tell of how Joe first contacted Gary (or vice versa). Regardless, Joe was so committed to the land rights issues he had Gary tour with the Clash for the tour’s entirety.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Posted in the soundtrack section - where I know few go to look. So, given we have Richard Thompson fans here…

Recently (2022) reissued soundtrack.

Richard

8 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

Great suggestion from @TheRiz.

6 Likes

I don’t believe that I mentioned this, I think it was @jb76 in the metal thread.

1 Like

:man_facepalming: So many great recommendations going around - apologies to @jb76!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Amazing voice!

3 Likes

Good, but not quite the same without Sean Malone.

4 Likes