What We Are Listening To [2022-09]

An absolutely fantastic record. The acoustic seting is tremendous. I just wish there were accompanying in-the-studio videos out too.

1 Like

6 Likes

One of their best!

3 Likes

Plenty really, it’s just we all want more & most want it now! Good luck. :sunglasses: :+1:

Local library (only) user here also. I thought I was the last of a dying breed. I did have Tidal for a month or so when I first got into Roon, I just didn’t feel I was getting the value; mostly just to have access to new releases immediately. It wasn’t satisfying, plus there were large gaps in all the music I thought I wanted.

What I’ve still not done is digitise my albums that I don’t own in another format, some 2500 (many rare) to choose from & same for my cd’s - that’s roughly double the size of my vinyl collection. It’s a massive task, esp the vinyl. One day. :thinking:

4 Likes

Jason Lytle
Yours Truly, The Commuter (2009)

Good album really, one or two naff tracks, but that’s all. Otherwise, it’s solid; just not a Grandaddy masterpiece (e.g. The Sophtware Slump). Perhaps that is why it gets relatively harshly judged.

The drawl of his voice may be a poignant reminder of Grandaddy’s early days, but Yours Truly is more cohesive than many of those past albums, a comforting hybrid of west coast beauty and stark, isolationist expanse that bodes well for his solo career. (allmusic).

Jason

1 Like

3 Likes

El Perro Del Mar
Kokoro (2016)

(Sarah) Assbring’s discovery of the world of sounds, and the inspiration it gave her, has helped provide El Perro del Mar with a stunning upgrade, and KoKoro stands as one of the best works of her already pretty great career. (allmusic).

El Perro Del Mar

3 Likes

5 Likes

I have her first 4 albums but never listened to that one.
I will check it out thanks

1 Like

7 Likes

RoonShareImage-637999551574696530

8 Likes

9 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes

Terrific 2021 Stereo Mix. I keep hearing ‘new’ things.

RoonShareImage-637999671831482510

6 Likes

4 Likes