What We Are Listening To [2022-10]

7 Likes

2 Likes

My pleasure…
I find chamber music the best sounding on speakers and small room. Pop it is somehow violent, with the right volume level hard to find, and I really have to be in the mood, symphonies sound so small that I never have the mood, solo piano or other solo music sounds good but somehow empty so again I really have to be in the mood for it. I’m left with chamber music or jazz trios. quartets etc

3 Likes

My musical fare is mainly chamber music and baroque small-ensemble music. The rest is symphonic music and opera, and some Jazz. Everything else from time to time, as the mood strikes. I too think this in part is so because small-ensemble and chamber music sounds just right on my system. And I love string quartets with all my heart. For the gift of string quartet music I’ll always feel thankful to Joseph Haydn.

5 Likes

4 Likes

1 Like

Was just watching Bad Sisters on Apple TV+ and Come On Over was the playout track for ep4. Put me in the mood for more.

4 Likes

My daughter hates my taste in music although she’s only heard a small part of it. Doubt she will ever explore my collection. I have had all me nieces and nephews interested though as they are older and wiser.

3 Likes

Finally got around to giving this a proper workout - 24/96 download from ProStudioMasters. All I can say is WOW! This remix sounds absolutely fantastic - Giles Martin has really delivered the goods again. A brilliant, amazing record that sounds so fresh and totally absorbing.

10 Likes

:slight_smile: I have a 10 yers old daughter, for the last 6 months I had to sync Roon with Spotify and share the playlists.

1 Like

RoonShareImage-638026930396102500

2 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

One of the great compilation albums IMHO. I have one of the original numbered limited edition double LPs and an old CD, but felt the need to invest in the excellent 2016 remastered version to complete my set. What a great band.

8 Likes

7 Likes

5 discs super deluxe edition with great never before published material.
Vinyl edition is available for €200.

12 Likes

RoonShareImage-638027186698028050

3 Likes

6 Likes

8 Likes

A less relaxing start to the day.

6 Likes