What We Are Listening To [2022-11]

6 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

RoonShareImage-638033352261584520

4 Likes

Actually, that’s wrong (Qobuz says 1990). It was actually recorded in 1985 and probably came out the end of '85 or sometime in early '86, so I too was either 10 or 11. So I’m not that old yet… :face_with_monocle:

Well I was 25 in 85 so I must be old according to this yardstick.

1 Like

2 Likes

6 Likes

Another one of my tapes along with New Gold Dream and Once Upon a Time. Box set of 5 including those for 12.95 on Amazon. Oh oh!

1 Like

RoonShareImage-638033441379078090

3 Likes

I used to have a subscription for LSO recordings, I am guessing maybe you did or still do too?

I do not find where to subscribe, if it is not too much to ask maybe you can point me to the link
Thanks

2 Likes

Actually, I don’t, but I can see why you’d think that…
It seems that I was in the mood for those LSO recordings today.

Just had a look at their web site, when they started back in the ‘90’s they had a subscription for a year where you could choose so many recordings to download but it looks like they no longer do it.
Edit got my date slightly wrong by the look of it. Looks like 2000 onwards

They released on C.D. as well.

1 Like

Yes mostly on cassette tape for me. I re-bought most on CD year’s ago, so now I have all the ones I want (really the first 5) plus several bought due to sentimental attachment to the band :grin:

Those original album boxsets are addictive I have bought too many to be truthful about in the last couple of years and sometimes I buy them when I have 2 of the albums already on CD as it is still cheaper :flushed:

Anyway changing the musical direction

5 Likes

1 Like

I’m intrigued by this album. It’s a pity it isn’t a better quality recording. She has a nice soulful voice but it tends to become saturated in the low frequency music.