What We Are Listening To [2022-11]

I wouldn’t class it as Jazz per se, it does have tones of it but it’s a hard one to fully pigeonhole for me any way.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks for looking for it

1 Like

1957 pressing

12 Likes

8 Likes

1 Like

@RodS another 1957 pressing of the “King”. It’s almost as old as me. :wink:

Edit: I should have also pointed out this was my mother’s album, one of the only ones she owned afaik. While it’s in not-so-great condition, it remains one of my special musical possessions.

8 Likes

Decided I’d have to give them a listen following your persistent campaign. TBH my heart fell when I saw the genres but listening to this is a pleasant surprise :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not really a campaign, but I get your meaning. I’ve enjoyed this group since the 1980s. Today seemed like a good time to revisit them.

The song Thousand Cranes is about Sadako Sasaki.

2 Likes

8 Likes

1 Like

I first learned about Hiroshima in the 1980s as well. Not sure if I first heard them on the Sunday night “Jazz Flavors” radio program on 94Q in Atlanta, or from a demo CD at a local hifi store. Regardless, I’ve been a fan ever since.

The only album/CD of theirs I’ve ever purchased is East that “Thousand Cranes” appears on.

RoonShareImage-638033614367453230

4 Likes

You’re just a few years older than my oldest brother, and he (all of us actually) still act like his 14 at times. LOL!

3 Likes

Same for me, body age has no relation to how old you are in your head.

1 Like

The best part is that while the body only goes forward the head can go backwards. Also for the head the increments are not linear

1 Like

RoonShareImage-638033645284975340

4 Likes

New live release from Tiger Moth Tales - perfect for a wet and windy Sunday morning. SQ is excellent too.

2 Likes