What We Are Listening To [2022-11]

I really don’t like the remix at all. The original mix sounded way more chilled out as this album is supposed to sound. Luckily roon lets me choose.

1 Like

6 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

Intrigued me with this post so given it a listen now.

It’s not really my thing, but I see beauty in in and good sound quality.
Mrs H will probably like it more, and say something like why are you playing nice music, what have you done now :thinking:

3 Likes

This is very soothing, which is just as well because figuring out the vagaries of container networking isn’t…

6 Likes

I think Mrs H & I may have similar tastes, I have slowly migrated to the more tuneful/atmospheric music in recent years. These days I struggle with most metal but prog still has it’s attractions :thinking:

2 Likes

Variety is the spice of life and I listen to all sorts really, depending on the mood
Though I am partial to more than a bit of guitar grinding Post Metal :smile:

As I am WFH today I am keeping it quieter

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-638040910464080770

3 Likes

Listen to “Tilted” off an earlier album. One I use in demo listening.

1 Like

Thanks Dan, but It might surprise you that I actually own Christine and the Queens and Chris on CD :laughing:

1 Like

Nope not surprised, because I own it to. And, I know you are not stuck in genre ruts.

My motto is: I listen to good music wherever it is found, and by whomever made it.

I think that any artist can produce a music gem. The point is that I give everything a go and don’t just say, “not for me”, until I’ve actually listened to it.

4 Likes

Yes very true indeed!

I might have said that and listened anyway, liked it and bought it.
As Tom Jones said it’s not unusual :roll_eyes:

1 Like

That reminds me of a crap joke.

Guy goes into the Doctors.

Guy “Doctor I think there is something wrong with me because I keep thinking I am Tom Jones”
Dr. “It’s not unusual “

4 Likes

There are a lot of jokes like that.

My Friend got married the other day, the Vicars name was Tom Jone.
That’s not unusual :roll_eyes:

Keeping it slightly on the Music track, and blaming @Rugby for making me put this in the middle of my queue :wink:

5 Likes

RoonShareImage-638040974445332010

8 Likes

Wonderful, different flavour, bit more melancholic. thanks

RoonShareImage-638041314481661830

And:

RoonShareImage-638041313245668460

5 Likes

RoonShareImage-638041010521783639

8 Likes

I was at Spike Island and also Heaton Park. Spike Island was not ideal for a concert and you are correct that the sound was terrible. My biggest memory was how much of a headache I had when I got home. People were speculating at the time that the large amount of footfall had created a disturbance in the chemicals that had long been dormant in the soil. Spike Island was created in an area originally occupied by chemical manufacturers. Heaton Park was much better in terms of sound and organisation. It was also the concert that made me realise that my days of standing in the p*ssing down rain for hours hoping for a decent performance were over.
Funny thing I remember from Heaton Park. When we first arrived, prior to going inside, we were greeted by hustlers shouting “get your poppers and your ponchos”. I said to my wife that ponchos must be a new drug on the Madchester/rave scene. Anyway, it turns out that the Poppers dealers were also selling plastic ponchos to protect from the rain. :blush: Very considerate of them.

2 Likes