What We Are Listening To [2022-11]

RoonShareImage-638050142905043800

4 Likes

RoonShareImage-638050111390827150

4 Likes

Has an artist ever changed direction as dramatically as Scott Walker? From pop star to an early solo career that produced 4 or 5 respected and excellent albums, ending in “Till the Band Comes In (1970)”. “Climate of the Hunter” was the start of the shift and everything after that just became a little bit weird. Don’t get me wrong, I tried playing “Tilt” to friends after I first bought it, they all hated it. I’ve listened to everything since that album…even the Sunn O))) collaboration. When i’m in the right frame of mind I love them, but in all honesty I still tend to return to Scott 1 - 4 for musical pleasure. What a man though!!!

2 Likes

I fully agree with you, what a man! A brave man, IMHO, to change direction so dramatically and drastically. He never seemed to care much for money. Granted, not the most cheerful guy, but what a discography! I love his early albums, and also his Walker Brothers repertoire, but I must admit I find his later albums even more interesting. It’s not pop, it’s not opera, it’s a genre of its own, even more so than Tom Waits’s later albums.

When Tilt was released it immediately resonated with me, and to this day is firmly in my top 25 (or so) desert island discs. To me it’s just so rewarding to listen to, I keep discovering new things. I try very hard to persuade my friends to like it, even tonight, but like your friends they still hate it! :joy: Ah well, to each his own!

2 Likes

:laughing:I feel your pain.
My wife is not here tonight, so i’m sat here with a nice glass of wine listening to Scott 4 - quite loudly. Amazing how many of those Liverpool bands were influenced by Scott and Arthur Lee.

1 Like

Indeed, and Scott on his turn by the great Jacques Brel! Enjoy the music and the wine, I think I’ll pour myself a glass too. :wink:

Scott 4 is next here as well, perhaps followed by some Brel :smiley:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Change of plans. The ending of Tilt required something more radical. :slight_smile:

RoonShareImage-638050125488259520

2 Likes

Funnily enough you changed mine.

https://i.imgur.com/rngCTfz.png

6 Likes

4 Likes

Cooling down…

4 Likes

2 Likes

9 Likes

8 Likes

RoonShareImage-638049974440670231

9 Likes

@MamaTried, what a gift. Thank you. :pray:

Review that was included:
Aulica’s release of this great soundboard performance.
This show is stunning. The first set has the group firing on all cylinders and playing their hearts out. The second set is more bluesy and laid back, but that never means less enjoyable. The only live version of Sittin’ and Thinkin’ is here and the completely different song list for each set make this a great show to have. Sounds great too!

Live At Fillmore West 4 27 69

Track Listing:

Disc One:
  1. Train Kept A Rollin

2. I Can’t Quit You

3. As Long As I Have You
    -Fresh Garbage
    -The Lemon Song
    -Cat’s Squirrel
    -I’m A Man
    -Cadillac, No Money Down

4. You Shook Me

Disc Two:

5. How Many More Times
    -The Hunter
    -Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush

6. The Lemon Song

7. Babe, I’m Gonna Leave You

8. Sittin’ And Thinkin

9. Dazed And Confused

10. Communication Breakdown

Wow!

9 Likes

Thank you for the cover art.

2 Likes

I’ve got a scan of the complete booklet. I’ll get it to you.

2 Likes

I have the Kosmik Blues SBD version. It has some AM filler in odd places but it sounds very nice.
I didn’t get any images, but I do have Slumpy’s notes :slight_smile: The internet is a wild place.

slumpy’s notes - if you don’t have this, get it - simple as that - a stunning double-set in astounding quality.

1 Like

This is the one I found:

1 Like