What We Are Listening To [2022-11]

If you want to hear what Carlos, brother Jorge (who joined Hendrix and Joplin a couple of years back), as well as his great band sounded like live, then this is the one to listen to. It was quite the night in Mexico City. Another great concert DVD.

I was fortunate enough to see him once locally at an outdoor amphitheater. That was a special night as well.

While this song is more downbeat, it’s beautiful and sends a great message.

Edit: closer

2 Likes

Great Knopfler live set from 2010. Only a 320 MP3 unfortunately.

4 Likes

@Rockhound, I’m still out of hearts, but a big :+1: for Knopfler. I’m going to try and find that one and give it a listen.

Edit: @Rockhound, not surprisingly, I couldn’t find it. But I did find this:

RoonShareImage-638051816894775950

3 Likes

His website store sells a huge number of concert recordings from four different tours. All the recent ones are CD quality FLAC and sound fantastic.

https://shop.markknopfler.com/

1 Like

:+1:

/10char

1 Like

@Mike_Mulcahy

4 Likes

8 Likes

3 Likes

@Rockhound, listening now. I’d never heard of them but read about who was in the band. My good friend Susan was a huge Tom Petty fan and I wish she was still around to hear this. Thank you :pray:

Edit: so many great songs, but this one sounds kinda like Fleetwood Mac:

3 Likes

For Susan

7 Likes

2 Likes

I’m also a huge Petty fan - the original Mudcrutch album from 2008 is also well worth listening to. Enjoy!

RoonShareImage-638052212431250710

4 Likes

@Traian_Boldea this is fantastic. And you as well belong in the same category with Paul and Lewis… one of the world’s nicest guys. Thank you for the rec. :pray:

I’m really blown away by this Traian. It’s lovely.

1 Like

Another one for Susan. Her favourite artist, along with Jackson Browne, Tom Petty, and the Allman Brothers Band.

8 Likes

If you like JT but have never listened to this album then you missed something special.

3 Likes

Thank you, you are very king. I’m glad you like it, I also like it, all the ACTs releases are super

1 Like

I noticed those earlier. I’ll check them out as well. :pray:

Edit: @Traian_Boldea I’m enjoying this as well.

2 Likes

Dudamel and Wiener recording sounds very good, thanks for pointing it out.
I had these:
RoonShareImage-638052310564226020
and
RoonShareImage-638052317504929300

Edit:
and this:

RoonShareImage-638052321851837830

5 Likes

I dedicate this to all of you who’ve indulged this sentimental old fool by allowing me to share my love of music with you.

4 Likes