3 Likes

Nice choice.

1 Like

Such a great album.

1 Like

I had forgotten I owned this.

10 Likes

1 Like

Freshly ripped so a little chilling before heading for bed. I’ve been ripping my music CD’s into uncompressed FLAC’s. After 2 weeks I am finally down to a bunch of compilation albums. :slightly_smiling_face:

When everything is done, I will add them to my Roon core.

4 Likes

10 Likes

I was thinking something very similar this morning.

3 Likes

Me too. @Oliver’s choices are :heart: depletingly good.

2 Likes

15 Likes

Paul McCartney’s 21st century output has tickled my fancy tonight. Why? I have no idea. But I’m certainly not regretting my selections.

2 Likes

@Grump Have it playing now. Am evidently I. The right mood and the orchestration is lovely. SQ is pretty good if one accepts the difference in the mix from more current styles. Not put off.

Will queue the others you recommended too. I did see them and wondered….

1 Like

Just loaded all my old music on my core. Listening to things I haven’t listened to in a long time, even though I have them on my fingertips via Qobuz!

4 Likes

And now this, chosen by Roon:

Never heard of this but it’s great!

A thing I liked about Spotify and did not care for as much with Qobuz or Tidal is the quality of the algos for determining what I like based on what I’ve listened to/liked. Roon does this very well and I’m very happy with it.

4 Likes

I still use that, I do some favourites backups, roon>soundizz>tidal/spotify/YT. And the generated Spotify playlists come back to tidal and roon picks them up.

2 Likes

Wow @Traian_Boldea … that’s next level stuff… It never occurred to me to try to rangle algo invented playlists from one system to another, very cool!

However what I find I do a lot is play an album, then when the album is done the platform chooses things that it thinks I will like. Then, periodically, while I am casually listening while responding to a roon community post, something will catch my ear and I will discover something new and great to me.

I discovered Esbjorn Svensson Trio via Spotify this way (if you don’t know them you should!) and I will always be grateful to Spotify for that!

This is my killer feature, and as an approximately 1 week user of Roon I have determined that Roon is at least as useful in that metric as Spotify is.

1 Like

thanks, but it was just the way that story went over last 2 years, YT upgrade to Spotify upgrade to Tidal upgrade to Roon so I had to sync and I still do it once in a month or so.

I do not use the Radio, I have 4 or 5 big playlists, 500 to 1000 tracks (genre grouped) so when I want random I just shuffle them. 75% I listen to classical and there if I just background listen I select and queue something to get me thru the day.

Last months I watched the music threads in here and I can’t keep the pace :slight_smile: but I try things that otherwise I would not know about. And the friendly chat is addictive

4 Likes

Very much so!

It is interesting to me to hear the different ways in which different people approach our common hobby.

4 Likes

9 Likes