What's Moving and Grooving You Today? [2022-11]

I can’t get 24/192 in my signal path!

5 Likes

5 Likes

I just corrected my Hendrix post from a couple of days ago to indicate that it was at the '67 Monterey International Pop Festival that he, along with Janis Joplin, were discovered in a major way. This was also true of Ravi Shankar. While it’s fairly common knowledge that George Harrison was strongly influenced by Ravi, I just found this article that mentions a couple of others that might surprise you.

Here’s the album of Ravi’s Monterey set that was released in 1967, just a couple of months after his performance.

RoonShareImage-638051341239854700

One of my favorite concert blu-rays is this one.

One of the great things to me about watching the blu-rays is the crowd shots and seeing the looks of joy and amazement on the faces of many, including people like Jimi Hendrix when he was watching Shankar play. Another was seeing Mama Cass Elliot of the Mamas and Papas mouthing a big either “oh wow” or “OMG” when Janis Joplin started singing and she heard her voice for the first time. Special stuff if you ask me!

P.S. Just in case some aren’t aware, Norah Jones is Ravi’s daughter, as is Anoushka Shankar, who is also a talented musician and sitar player.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Been a while since I played some BBT

6 Likes

Oh wowser I really love this album, but this release is 7 hours and 22 minutes.

I imagine the wife going to the international court of human rights about 3 hours in :flushed:

8 Likes

Actually posted out of order.
Listened to this while walking the dog.

@Simon_Arnold3 I consider myself a fan after 4 albums in

6 Likes

Really don’t see the need for 7hours of the same album, seems excessive, yes it’s good but…Happy with hires version I already have.

2 Likes

Thought you would get on with them.

Time for some Sufjan.

7 Likes

That’s because there is no reason.
This is just a test of my wife’s patience :roll_eyes:
But she likes this album which we can only say about 1/3 of the Lips albums I own.

Always :heart: some Sufjan Stevens :+1:

2 Likes

7 Likes

Well it lasted just over the length of the original album when I got the what is this Sh1t3 now (3 tracks of demo’s in :rofl:)

Excellent choice @UliR that’s an excellent album :+1:

8 Likes

Thought you’d be happy! :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/DvB39Ur.png

3 Likes

:+1:t2: of course, and you always post some great music.
Onto this for me now

9 Likes

So do you. Have a great Sunday evening!

1 Like

Currently listening on headphones with the football on the TV.
You have a great evening too

1 Like

Stonking harmonies on Entangled

11 Likes

Hey @Simon_Arnold3 and @Michael_Harris, have I found all the main Boxer Rebellion albums, or are there some others you recommend?

1 Like

I see 8 across QOBUZ and Todal, so it looks like you have them all, unless there are some not listed