What's Rocking You Tonight? [2021-11]

Christmas??
Now you really got me there😕
You do know my real name is Ebenezer :innocent:

2 Likes

What… Based on your spending, everyday is Christmas.
There might even be a Slade song written about it :joy_cat:

2 Likes

Ah I see…

Spending on myself is just fine and dandy.
Others?

Bah!
Humbug!!

2 Likes

Context is everything :joy:

2 Likes

Here you go then…if you must😎

2 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/KbxlLds.png

Little Eden’ glows with vintage McCartney-esque couplets before rolling out a chiming signature riff on ‘As I Lay Down To Die’ and adopting Jimi-like phrasing on ‘And Away We Go’.

Harking back to the liberating songcraft of The Beatles, but with a jagged edge.” Classic Rock

A psychedelically-hewn panoramic take on brutalism Britain punctuated with pure pop melodies and beautifully-observed English melancholy.

This is an album that rekindles your love of music – from the harmonies that are oh-so Teenage Fanclub and Lemonheads, to the grunge and awe of Dinosaur Jr.

Still mixing pop, punk and psych to giddy effect.” The Guardian

"There’s perspective and retrospective tale-spinning where we wait “for the wonderful world to come” (©‘Start Burning’), an imaginary future soundtracked by the spirit of Arthur Lee, brought into focus with witty wordplay on songs that are littered with spine tingling guitar breaks.
Just what you want from “the E17 psych guru.” MOJO

7 Likes

Vinyl time….

5 Likes

I have that somewhere…

1 Like

If you have been noticing, as I have been looking at my records, I’ve been posting gems which are NOT found on any streaming services.

Twenty Questions, great track.

tictoc

3 Likes

Okay, next up…

Chequered Past

Members:

Songs:

How Much is Too Much
A World Gone Wild

Album:

4 Likes

Don’t have any of those :confused:

Me neither…
£125 for the CD on Amazon or £7ish on iTunes. Nothing wrong with ALAC at that price!

1 Like

Coming back to this:

4 Likes

This maybe on Tidal but this is a white label promo copy, you can’t get that on any streaming service :innocent:

5 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/iJDaODa.png

The sound of an LSD infused Summer is coming your way via the lysergic music in the grooves of Paraphonic Vapors - the 2nd LP by Minneapolis based Muun Bato. Paraphonic Vapors is full of melody, harmony and songcraft with a sound oscillating between psychedelic pop and space rock. Muun Bato channels the acid-soaked sounds of the Syd / Floyd axis via a lush paisley underground jangle where swirling organs and spacy vocals create a far out dreamy and hallucinogenic trip - it is a sunbaked stunner that you need in your life.” ~ Dave Cambridge [Cardinal Fuzz – UK]

2 Likes

Added this for a listen later.
:+1:

1 Like

7 Likes

Some more Phideaux…

3 Likes

The Black Watch’s 20th and their latest release is pretty good…

https://i.imgur.com/euIcpCV.png

The Black Watch’s John Andrew Frederick steeps his tunes in the psychedelic 1960s, laying a radiant jangle across fuzz-bombed but catchy melody. This 20th album for the last of LA’s Paisley’s underground is equal parts crunch and drift, with the hard lines of guitar strumming filled in with pastel drifts of vocal harmonies. “The Real You,” matches the droning sweetness of Ride with the winding, searching guitar soliloquies found in the Bevis Frond or Teenage Fanclub. Yet there’s also a new element, the lush string arrangements of Ben Eshbach which line the contours of “Now & Then,” with velvety ease. If you like your Nuggets-y guitar racket with a fair bit of craft and melody, this one’s for you.” ~Jen Kelly [Dusted Magazine]

But my favorite of the bunch has to be this one which was recently remastered and re-released…

https://i.imgur.com/KaJp9OM.png

“'The Black Watch have, in singer/songwriter John Andrew Fredrick, an artist capable of both My Bloody Valentine miasma AND Nick Drake quietness. Wonderful melodies, literate lyrics, deep psychedelic freakout guitar parts courtesy of Fredrick and new member Steven Schayer (ex-The Chills).” ~Andy Gill [The Independent UK]

4 Likes

5 Likes