Whats Rocking You Tonight [2022-01]

Lets start the New Year with a New Thread.
Happy New Year to all music lovers!

3 Likes

Well…
Your starter for 10…

6 Likes

Well a thanks for those promoting this album, second listen and really enjoyable.
Good shares are always enjoyed and most appreciated

6 Likes

White label promo copy of this one.
Just sat down after taking all the Christmas stuff down and packing it back in the loft.

6 Likes

5 Likes

So I was watching an Anadialog YouTube video earlier going through the best Rock releases from 1971, and while that’s 10 year’s before I seriously started listening and collecting music, I already had several and added several more to listen to

First two are up below

14 Likes

Very nice.
Two outstanding classic cuts.
:+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

Maybe not quite in the same classic status but certainly worthy and same time frame…

3 Likes

You probably had them all :grin:
I had 4 out of the 11 or 12, but I was only three at the time :+1:

1 Like

I’m not quite that old…:grin:
I think 1974 was when my serious listening commenced.
In 1975 I worked evenings after school and weekend so I could buy my first “proper” stereo!

Trio 25wpc integrated amp, Trio belt drive turntable and some Mission speakers.
All bought brand new from Laskys in Nottingham.

So proud I was😇.

The neighbors hated me after that🙄

1 Like

And they held s street party when you moved away.
That’s why I now live in a detached house, so I can sit here playing music nice and loudly at 00:35 Inthe early hours.

I do like my headphones and RR DAC Amp, but normally only when she who must be obeyed comes down and gives me the Death ray stare for waking her up :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::see_no_evil:

I used to live in a small terraced house, first job and had some big Tannoy floor standing speaker’s and the neighbors on both sides were not happy :hear_no_evil:

1 Like

Dare I say…the family house I grew up in was already a detached house…

Sort of tells you I liked it LOUD!

Admittedly there was only about 6 ft between houses though.

1 Like

Moving right along…

7 Likes

Skip up a decade.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Well that’s a blast from the past! I have her debut The Texas Campfire Tapes (on vinyl no less), and had completely forgotten about her! Nothing of hers on Tidal unfortunately.

3 Likes

I never even checked what was available streaming.
That’s a CD and I have three more of her works on cassette tape( inc the Texas Campfire Tapes which is very apt😁).

Edit.
Had to look as intrigued and nothing on Qobuz either.
That’s pretty surprising.

1 Like

Not on Spotify either :man_shrugging:.

Now that’s really odd…

Must be something to do with licensing.

1 Like

According to Wikipedia (I know, I know…) she had her own record company. Last release in 2009, seems to have vanished at least artistically after that. Not sure I’m sufficiently interested to pay ridiculous shipping charges to buy a CD from Discogs.

1 Like