Whats Rocking You Tonight [2022-01]

Well actually Tuna Fish was the high point for me. Hi infidelity would be about #4 or 5 in the top REO albums list for me.

Iā€™ve got that tucked away in the vinyl cupboardā€¦complete with the paperwork :sunglasses:

1 Like

Watched this earlier today. Quite interesting, although never a fan of WASP.

3 Likes

ā€¦and something a little more relaxed and thoughtfulā€¦

7 Likes

Tuna Fish is good for sure, in fact I think that might have been first Reo album I bought on vinyl.

My old school friend use to manage ā€˜Diamond Headā€™ back in the early days. I was chatting with him yesterday and he suggested that I give the last album a listenā€¦so I did! Itā€™s actually pretty good :+1:
Iā€™m a fan of old school Rock and NWOBHM, but some of you will like this, if you arenā€™t already acquainted with it.
Diamond Head - The band that missed out on the big time :frowning_face:

5 Likes

Great and very underrated band. This recently re-recorded version of Lightening to the Nations is also very good indeed, with bonus of some great covers - well worth a listen.

5 Likes

As I think you maybe our resident Todd Rundgren expert I have a question.
I bought an album from a lrs, never really checked it .
But when I did this morning it had an extra record in it.
See pictures.
Any ideas??

4 Likes

Yeah. The original isnā€™t exactly well recorded. I saw the band many times in the early days and I really thought Sean Harris was going to be a star. No idea why he hasnā€™t released any new music since Diamond Head. They are supposed to be playing around twenty miles from here in the new year (covid permitting), my friend is pushing me to go with him, but iā€™m not sure. I look at the band now and it looks like Brian Tatler( only original member) and his kids :thinking:

Brian Tatler Doesnā€™t Know Why Original Diamond Head Singer Sean Harris Hasnā€™t Released Any New Music In Nearly 30 Years - Blabbermouth.net

1 Like

So someone just added the bonus record from a totally different album to the Oblivion album?
Oh wellā€¦nice freebie then I guess!

2 Likes

As @Rugby says. This is an EP that was added to early versions of the Utopia ā€œNetworkā€ vinyl album. No Idea why you got it shipped with Oblivion, but :sunglasses:
BTW. Iā€™m sure that the original album had ā€˜Oblivionā€™ In white font on the cover. Is your copy from Australia or somewhere else?

2 Likes

Its a Canadian release, at least according to Discogs it is and their photo shows same as my actual album soā€¦

2 Likes

Will check my vinyl tomorrow. Iā€™m sure itā€™s white.
Anyway, Oblivion isnā€™t exactly a great Utopia record. The guitar is very much buried in the mix. Iā€™m sure youā€™ve mentioned Ellen Foley recently? You can see her next to Todd 1 minute into the video for Cry Baby.
UTOPIA怐CRY BABY怑 - YouTube

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637767401768923959

2 Likes

Daft cover art, great album.
Pat Thrall - Underrated. Anyone have the ā€˜Automatic Manā€™ albums? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Freshly cleaned

1 Like

I have that one and this

With embossed cover

2 Likes

I think thatā€™s the best of the two. Both are interesting albums. I have them both on vinyl also.(copyright @the Hammer). He also did a lot of interesting stuff with Pat Travers.

1 Like

I too own that vinyl.

2 Likes