What's Rocking You Tonight [2022-08]

12 Likes

12 Likes

You do like to go on the occasional campaign :grin:

3 Likes

I heard „Whole Lotta Love“ today on my way to a customer and can’t get it out of my head. So there’s no other way but to listen to some Led Zeppelin Albums.
Very enjoyable listening so far. Led Zeppelin IV ist the last Led Zeppelin Album queued, then there’s other good music to discover or rediscover :wink:

2 Likes

6 Likes

Thank you @garye :+1::ok_hand:

5 Likes

12 Likes

Great isn’t it? Glad you like.

1 Like

Yes I like those, songs I have not heard in years or songs I have never heard from bands that I liked.
This is full of both, so got to start looking for volume 1 again soon

1 Like

3 Likes

An artist from Sunny Devon (Cream First Zone :yum:) and being a Naim release it’s a superb recording & dynamic range.

4 Likes

It looks like she was about to shout about the benefits of Jam first and I see the Devon thought police got to her first :rofl:

4 Likes

For the record, there are no benefits :wink:

1 Like

5 Likes

Discs 2&3 - i.e. Delicate Sound Of Thunder. Sounds fantastic in hi-res.

8 Likes

Part 2 is even better than Part 1! Another release that could well, I predict, be in my top albums of 2022 come year’s end. In addition to Romeo’s amazing guitar work, the vocals are really excellent - Dino Jelusić, who has been touring vocalist with Trans Siberian Orchestra among other projects.

7 Likes

A nice Prog compilation.

5 Likes

The old Muse stuff is definetely my cup of tea. The new stuff - well - it depends…

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-637951328698361260

I have to confess that I’ve discovered less new Rock stuff lately, but it’s possible that I haven’t been looking very hard. I did just learn about Polyphia from a video Rick Beato did, and while it’s been some time since I progged in earnest, it was exciting to discover that the state of the art really has moved forward.

It sounds to me like these guys grew up on dubstep and other styles that are definitely not performed in real time by humans, and just decided to play them live as a four-piece prog outfit. Oh, and the guitar virtuosity is strong with Tim Henson.

10 Likes

Nice to see you here Enno.
There are a fair number of members who post in here who keep up with new prog releases and it is an exciting genre that is evolving and not stuck in Dream Theatre days.
Enjoy the music!

4 Likes