What's Rocking you tonight! [2024-06]

As I am given to moments of pomposity it seemed appropriate to play Yes.
Kings of pomposity.
Starting with the debut. Maybe my favourite yes album. The Byrds song I see you is especially good.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Willy, the last…

4 Likes

RoonShareImage-638525766132861233

6 Likes

now Willie…

6 Likes

I really like his 70s work.
I also have converted my music dvd etc to flac.

1 Like

I only listen to my music, I’m not old enough for videos yet…and I always fall asleep in front of the TV.

2 Likes

Time and a word. Its this album where their penchant for pomposity really started to kick in.
Its also hard not to like their music until Tormato. Thats when I give up with Yes

RoonShareImage-638529199046478443

5 Likes

@AceRimmer did you purchase the latest Magnum album?

I have only just gotten around to it, plus 6 more of theirs to complete my collection.

1 Like

the stone roses Brixton academy 9th December 1995
Ian Brown said these were the best gigs they ever played.
In my view Squire is one of the best guitarists of all time. He can actually improvise. Few can do that. The rest of the lads were good enough to follow him.
I love it when he goes off on one and the acid jam flows.
The 95 Roses are the band for me. Their bubblegum first albumm is decent. But when they came back totally re-invented that is when they came to life for me.
Check their two nights at Brixton for some of the finest rocking you will ever hear
I have read that some complained there was too much Squire at the second night.
Man, how can you not get enough of his astounding guitar work!

1 Like

Yes I did, when I saw it at a fair price in one of our lrs a couple days after record store day(they always have a bit of a sale after).
I have every studio album on record that they released…which is different from every studio album they released.
Rock Art for example was CD only.

1 Like

4 Likes

Your too late with that one, I posted it 10 minutes after it was released. :smiley:

8 Likes

4 Likes

10 Likes

RoonShareImage-638528674297484334

5 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes