What's the most boring band you saw live?

Bob Dylan, Rotterdam, Netherlands. Around 1983.

1 Like

ERIC CLAPTON in Pelham, AL 2014. Boring… Plus he only played about 40 minutes. I saw WILLIE NELSON a few months before and he played almost 3 hours…

I saw a comedian last night on TV who commented on going to see Bob Dylan, and there being someone on the stage doing all the lyrics in sign language. As he said - the irony wasn’t lost that the only people who knew what Dylan was singing were the deaf people in the audience.

6 Likes

Rolling Stones, in a stadium from far away. U2 in a stadium from far away. Pink floyd in a stadium from a bit nearer. Any band in a stadium, give the fans some atmosphere in a sweaty club you money grabbing ………

5 Likes

Depeche Mode in the early 80’s. Their entire performance relied on a computer for some synths and drums. It crashed 40 minutes into the show and the only way for the performance to continue was to reboot and start from the beginning. The band members looked bemused and bored to tears as they repeated the motions and did the same numbers over again. Half the audience left.

1 Like

When I first saw them, the band were playing along to a reel-to-reel that took centre-stage.

That happened at a Thompson Twins gig, so we had two first halves.

For me.
Pink Floyd life at the Reichstag in Berlin back in the second half of the 80ies.
So uninspired, no words about „The Wall“ directly at the Wall and a break! This was my first concert with a break, which really put me off.

But my fluttering trousers from the drum beats at the beginning of Dogs of War was great.

The Jesus And Mary Chain opening for Billy Idol on the Rebel Yell tour. Standing with their backs to the audience in front of the speakers to get their signature feedback sound.

1 Like

The Jesus Lizard. Band walks out and starts ripping it up, mosh pit instantly ensues. David Yow saunters out and, without uttering a word, stage dives into the pit. Bloodied, he makes his way back onstage and assaults us all with glorious chaos for the duration of the show. BORING AF :slight_smile:

“…your call is important to us and will be answered as soon as possible… (audience gets to hear hold music)… Tech support hello? Crashed? Have you tried turning it off and on again?..”