What's the sonic signature of the Lyngdorf 1120?

hi there

About to press the trigger on the lyngdorf 1120 wanted to see any owners can advice on how it sounds… I currently have a Marantz ki ruby for my integrated - gives neutral but lush output… Speakers are ae520 which have a 90db sensitivity.

How does it sound as read in some forum that the 1120 can sound thin.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

My thought is that you should listen to it before you drop 2K on something, or if possible buy somewhere where you can return it

I agree Suedkiez. I did listen to it briefly when i went to the Bristol Hifi Show. Didnt hear anything that I disliked. But wanted to get some views before I get a home audition or even pick up a used one (sell it back if I dont like it).

I see. Hifi shows are not the greatest place to listen though, and views by other people don’t tell you how you like it with your speakers. Speaker sensitivity is only a small part of the equation and dynamic impedance at least as important, and then there’s the difficult-to-define synergy between the amp, your speakers, ears, and room. I don’t know about the UK but in Germany one has a 14 day return right for every online purchase. Used is another option with small risk, just sell it on if you don’t like it and you will probably lose little if anything

1 Like

Not sure but did you tried roomperfect setting? I own 3400 and it helps with room correction I did.

I own an 1120. It’s the first hi-end-ish amp I have owned in quite a while. I had been living with a small surround system for several years, so I don’t have much to compare the 1120 to.
My feeling is that the 1120 is very accurate. I can tell the difference if I run my TV through the low-quality HDMI cable vs my expensive optical cable. I can tell if the digital file I am listening to is high res or a low res. I can adjust the settings quickly on the app to whatever I am listening to and where I am listening to it from in the room.
The overall sound from my 1120 is “warm”. I am using Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers that are also considered to be warm. Not cheap, but not average. Very detail oriented. I can just say that I have been knocked down by the bass, but I have never blown out my eardrums with treble. My only concern is that the 1120 isn’t super powerful so it may not be enough to drive your AE520’s 12 speakers. If your dealer has a demo 1120 you could bring home and audition, that would be ideal.

1 Like