What's your oldest piece of audio kit still in regular use?

Are they Hart’s ?

Yes early duo’s. Love them.

Those are the ones.

My oldest audio device is a Braun SK2/2 from 1959-1961. It is added to my Roon server with a Raspberry 3b+ and Hifiberry DAC pro.

11 Likes

Heard klipschorns at Classic Album Sundays events in London but not the La Scalas.

Thiel CS 2 2 speakers have been in my audio setup from 1991 or 1992…purchased new. Still use them everyday, but they are now in my secondary listening system. Up until a few years ago I had a Thorens TD 160 from 1976 in my setup, again purchased new. It’s now just sitting in the storage room, replaced by a Rega RP6. Replaced the Thiels in my main system with Joseph Audio Perspective 2’s…quite a difference in performance, but the Thiels still sound good.

So a Braun radio from the early 1960s has an auxiliary input? If not, then how is the Braun connected to the DAC?

Anyway that’s amazing that the radio still works. Is it tube or solid state?

Yes it has an old crystal phono input. this is connected to the dac. Yes ist is an old tube radio.

1 Like

Thanks! That’s just amazing! And the tubes are still going strong?

My system is nearly as old as I am.:joy: Restored 1973 Lenco idler wheel drive TT+ Klipsch Forte speakers circ 1984. pretty sweet.

1 Like

My beloved '86 AR turntable/Linn Basik Plus tonearm/Shure V15VMR cartridge. I’m taking it to my grave. :wink:

Currently a SANSUI TU-9900 tuner from 1977 and my TECHNICS SP-10 MKII turntable from the late 1970s. Both waiting patiently in their wings…

Cheers
Bernie

A Quad 405-2 still in regular use in my study… with a Meridan MS200 feeding it as the roon endpoint :slight_smile:

I realise that classics are that for a reason but you could write an “Audio Classics” article just containing the kit that has mentioned in this thread. I wonder what partnering of the source, amp, speakers would make great systems.

Okay so then we will have a turntable in a coffin to go along with the turntable in a draw :laughing:

Draw

1 Like

My 6 and 7th channel in my “7.2” system is the very first set of speakers I purchased when I was a wee young teenager. Designed by Henry Kloss and sold direct mail order… Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble II’s the year the were released. Those speakers have lived in 5 or 6 states and have been connected to various receivers. They’re still going strong. Not bad for 20+ year old set of speakers. They might get replaced if I ever decide to go nuts on Atmos.

I have an Ensemble II as well. Still sound great, with the tiny satellites up on stands.

McIntosh c11, mc75s and a Thorens td 124. All made in 1963. Klipsch khorns 1975 and cornwalls 1978. All refurbished. image

11 Likes

All bow down…

1 Like