When Queuing Albums and the EQ

Thank you kindly but I don’t understand.
The Mac with Roon on it, and my music is on an ext 4TB Thunderbolt SSD attached to it. This is all this Mac is used for.

The Mac I use to ‘share the screen’ I do photography editing on and SM and everything else.

Why for good reason?

The now playing view needs to work separately from the main screen as this allows the user to browse, edit metadata and other things on the main screen at the same time as listening to music. As others have said, you can click on the now playing view to make it fill the whole screen, thus removing the main screen from sight. This view (the now playing filling the whole screen) will change from track to track, album to album etc.

3 Likes

If all you want to see is whats playing… I urge you to try the “Display” functionality in Roon.

On your Roon server go to Settings → Displays
You’ll find a “Web display URL” and below that URL is “Copy Link”

On your local, lap, mac open a web browser
Paste in the link you copied
It will just say “Roon”

Back on the Roon Server click the Speaker icon
One of the icons will now be a little monitor, click that
It will bring-up a selection of Displays, probably only one, but in that selection will be the browser you opened from your local mac.
Click on the selection for that browser and you can also change the selection to Start on playback

Back in the browser on your local mac you should see the Now Playing display. You can customize this.

Save or bookmark the URL if you ever need to open this again. You won’t need to open Roon in Server just to see what’s playing anymore.

1 Like

Thank you kindly. Very easy to understand. Pictures came up immediately on my Sony. No lyrics for some reason but I don’t really need them. Yes lyrics are enabled.

Only one album of half a dozen chosen showed lyrics on the telly.

I am very pleased to know how to do this b ut the TV is the top 77" Sony flagship telly and just to have that nice screen is rather expensive energy wise. Plus the screen is static so I’d be afraid of burn in.

At least I can do it. Thanks.