When “sort by: date”, add: “invert” option

When sorting by date, it will show the most recent year at the bottom.
If I feel like browsing from top to bottom, but from most recent release to oldest, then “invert” would make this possible.

Also, I noticed that when sorting by date, it chooses the date of the album when it was recorded, ignoring the date of the release by the label. Example: it was originally recorded/released in 1994. This specific release is from 2012. Meaning it’s a re-release. Roon shows this the description. The original year, and the newer year of this release.

If there could be an option to sort by date, but choosing the label release, instead of the date the album was originally recorded. That could help sort by release year, if it’s a re-release, ignoring the year when it was recorded.

Something like this:

• Sort by: original date / recording date (year of recording)

• Sort by: release date (year of label release) [applies to when labels choose to release an older album, 15 years later, for example.] Here, I’m Ignoring the recording date, and choosing the release date of the label of this copy, in the “sort by”.

So, basically, Roon already chooses this, when sorting by date:

• Sort by: original date / recording date (year of recording)

Now, it would be great to also have this option ( as explained above):

• Sort by: release date (year of label release)

So, basically, I have 2 requests, here😁.

The “invert” option when sorting by “date”, plus the latter.:grin:

If I have a bookmarked folder with releases from a specific label, I would like to have the option to browse it in the order the label released it. Current “sort by: date”, Roon chooses the recording date, ignoring the release date of this actual copy.

Having both options, instead of one or the other, would satisfy every Roon user.:grin:

Thanks!

Your choice (Settings|General):
grafik

Your choice (click the sort direction arrow to change the sort direction):
grafik

3 Likes

Whoa…

Thanks, BlackJack!

I think this solves this request…:open_mouth::grin:

Just in time for me to go test it out, now.