When will KEF LS50 Wireless II be Roon Ready? [They are now!]

Roon updates aren’t going to enable KEF’s certification. The update is needed on KEF’s side via firmware.

1 Like

Hi Ben, not to derail this further, but I recently got a KC62 and connected to my LS50 WIIs. The sub never comes out of standby (Orange) led. In any input… listening to Roon on Wireless via AirPlay, Tidal Connect or eARC etc. I used your recommended settings here (LPF 40Hz, HPF 75Hz, vol -3dB in KEF Connect) with KC62 set to LFE and volume max. No matter what I set gain or filters to, I get nothing. Any ideas? :slight_smile:

I’ll PM you.

1 Like

True. My hope was that they have been waiting for the Roon update before their release. Perhaps their testing and approval was based upon 1.8.

Hope springs eternal!

1 Like

eagerly awaiting “end of Feb”

That was my hope as well. Now the wait continues.

Mourip made a good point above, and I accept my part in taking this thread off-topic by pursuing some of my KC62 questions here. I see however that discussion continues and, as Mourip points out this thread will be far less visited once the absence of Roon Ready certification becomes a dim and distant memory.

As someone still extremely interested in the KC62 I would hate to see information exchange diluted. Are any mods monitoring this thread? If yes might it be possible to move all the KC62 related posts (including all of mine - my bad!) into a separate appropriate titled thread so that we can continue discussing this seemingly very exciting product more freely?

1 Like

I had the same with my KF92 sub, especially at low volume. Issue is caused by the (low) sub input at low volume. Solution: increase the sub gain in the KEF app and turn down the volume on the sub itself. Hopefully this works.

My final post in here on KC62 - just for anybody that comes across this - this is what I’ve been suggesting. Try 0dB on the sub gain in the app, and 3 o’clock on the KC62. Temper any increase in the app with a decrease on the sub itself.

Any more about KC62, more than happy to discuss over PMs.

1 Like

Thanks, please stay on topic…

2 Likes

Actually, I don’t think that’s true. From what I understand the Kefs ARE working as Roon ready. Some reviewers have used them with Roon. It’s just that Roon now has to certify them (which takes time) and then Roon ‘flicks the switch’.

Nope. I assume that you do not own a pair. You can use Roon with them but the built-in “Roon Ready” feature is not turned on yet for those of us who have owned them for up to 5 months…

1 Like

I took his statement to mean that the functionality is already in the speakers, without need for a firmware update, and all that’s needed is a switch flipped to enable that functionality.

Hope so, anyway, as I’m waiting for mine to be up and Roon Ready running.

I stand (partially) corrected. It was the NAD M33 that was used with RAAT by reviewers but not certified yet.

It’s still possible though for the LS50’s to be ready but for Roon to deny access through RAAT because they’re not certified yet.

Solved the Roon ready problem of the W2s. Ordered a pair of LS50 Metas, a KC62 and a Roon ready streamer amp. Lets hope sound is on par or better :grinning: All and all have to say that this whole Roon ready promise that many manufacturers (not only Kef) give when they release new proructs which then gets dragged out for months and months suck. Advertise it when it works not six months before hand.

2 Likes

Which streamer amp did you order?

Lyngdorf TDAI-1120.

1 Like

I currently have my KEF LS50 Wireless II configured as AirPlay device. I’ve noticed strange behaviour regarding volume control.

Volume control is set to Device Volume at all times.

When using wi-fi everythink works as exptected, I can use roon remote to control volume and it stays in sync with what KEF app shows.
When connecting by ETH hovewer, the volume control via roon remote don’t work, I can still control volume via KEF app but when trying to change the volume via roon remote, the speakers disconnect (also the volume between KEF app and roon remote is not in sync - looks like the control coming from roon remote is ignored completly).

Question is will the ETH volume control work properly (like in wifi scenario above) when the certification is finally completed and the speaker can be setup as roon ready device?

I will be doing the same thing, I’m sick & tired of all this bs, 5 months and only SOON as a reply is not what I expected. I will also be cancelling Roon which is due to expire soon. V.1.8 is pants and a backward step from V1.7

1 Like

Thanks. That is my understanding also unless they still have a pending firmware update to be certified. I was hoping that they had done their certification process with 1.8 and that once it was released final certification would follow shortly.

They do sound very good using their coax input from my Audiolinix/NUC Roon endpoint(bridge) which does use RAAT.