Where are the albums of the same artist / band that I'm playing? (v 1.8)SOLVED!

Yes!! On my iPad all the other recommended albums are there on the album page, just scrolled down and there’s loads of other stuff as well… excellent!! Now I really must go to bed… :grin::+1::+1:

1 Like

Ok, I see. There are now “selected albums by this artist” and other recommended albums. But still no more “ALL albums by this artist in my library”.

It seems you have to wait the re-scan of your library… or something like that.
After one or two hours now I have the “more” option.

I had no idea these recommendation and linked artists and so on features were all performed up on Roon servers, but I suppose it’s obvious, that’s what Valence is all about! Now they have sorted out the issues with the servers Roon end of things I have never known my browsing and discover experience to be so fast!! How my MacBook or iPad or iPhone can request that information across my wifi, out into the interweb via Roon Core/Rock and bring me back the results instantly as I scroll the page is utterly amazing! :blush:

“Selected discography” is not the same as “albums by this artist in my library”.

I think you have to wait and reboot all the devices… perhaps waiting 2 or more hours… I don’t know, because now, after the first negative impressions there is a “more” option and there I can find all my library artist with a small icon like “books” over the album pict thats mean it’s an album of mine.
“Selected discography” is another option, yes.

I don’t understand what you mean. Are you talking about an album view? Where is this “more” option? Could you send me a screenshot, please?

If you are NOT able to see “more” (like me “before”) is because your ROON 1.8 is not (yet) stable.
This is all I can say…
Try to reboot and than leave some time (1 or more hours) “on”; then I hope the rescan and/or re-index of your library will be done and finally you should be ready to see a “more” option while you are playing an album.
Later I will try (in this moment I can’t sorry) to send a pict.
Good luck and… yes, the Beta tester are… the worst thing ROON made in all life.

1 Like

But I’m a bit confused with your phrase:

Are we talking about the same screen? An album view? Somewhere here under the tracklist?

1 Like

Well, I think yes…
(I’m not at home now and no Music here…)
“The selected discography” should be what you have: the books icon means the album it’s in your NAS (SSD and/or HDD) the Tidal/Qobuz icon… is the streaming option you have.
Am I wrong?

As I said before “Selected discography” is not the same as “albums by this artist in my library”. For example, I have only 3 albums in my library, and they show me all 30, and albums in my library could be hidden somewhere on the second or third page. You have a choice at the Artist page where you can see “Albums in my library” in Overview section and everything else in Discography, or at least we have “library” button in Discography. At the Album page we have no choice now.

1 Like

Ok. You are right, I see…
I think it’s an “order/filter” missing …
Hope they will solve; “main album” for a German could be “album of mine” :sweat_smile: