Where are the albums of the same artist / band that I'm playing? (v 1.8)SOLVED!

Where are the albums of the same artist / band that I’m playing?
I mean… first, while I was playing an album, I was able to see all the albums I have on my SSD/HDD: now?
Was it really necessary to delete this very important feature? If so… I get mad.

EDIT: solved: now the “more” link is working.

5 Likes

it would help if you showed a screenshot of what you are seeing and explain what you think is missing.

I often used that feature too.
Hopefully it is there somewhere?

2 Likes

Can’t do a screen shot as it was in 1.7 (and can’t go back!) but it was a listing of similar artists plus the albums from the artist playing that was down the right hand side of the screen next to the track listing.

3 Likes

How can I… now?
“First”, when I was playing for example “Dire Straits, Brother in Arms” from my SSD/HDD (NAS) I had on the right side all the albums of “Dire straits” of my library, for example “Communiqué” and “Making Movies” etc.
Now? (I don’t see them while I’m playing…)

Yes! This “was”!
+1

1 Like

…please, if you “confirm” this as a deleted feature for the 1.8 version… come back.
Do it. You can not delete this… please.

3 Likes

Looking at the release info there should be a recommended albums pane in the artist overview screen.
I have checked out a few artist but haven’t seen it yet. Still looking!

1 Like

“Recommended” is/was a good idea, and I’m writing “is” because I hope this will be.
BUT,
“My stored album” (of the band I’m playing) I don’t see no more!
unacceptable

2 Likes

Sorry, forgot to say there is a Discography button on this pane so that may give you what you want.
I mis-read your intial post as I like the Simlar Artist listing which was part of the same section on 1.7.
Have attached a pic so if anyone sees this pane please let me know!

1 Like
1 Like

Yes, these are “recommended”, I see the same. Good.
BUT I don’t see MY ALBUMS… I mean… again:

“First”, when I was playing for example “Dire Straits, Brother in Arms” from my SSD/HDD (NAS) I had on the right side all the albums of “Dire straits” of my library, for example “Communiqué” and “Making Movies” etc.
NOW?

“More”?
I do not see/find this …
Let me check again. Thanks.

I know exactly what you want but I suspect it has been removed.

1 Like

I get this on rare ocassions only because of the strict criteria Roon applies for this. And it’s a local only library.

1 Like

NOW it’s running!
“More” is active!
Fiuuuuuuuuu… I was… scared and angry, sorry.
I hope it’s some bug that will be fixed soon because until recently it wasn’t there “more”.
Bye.

I don’t understand and still can’t see no “albums by this artist” and no “recommended albums” in an album view. Where did you find it?

I miss the ‘recommended’ album list in a pane down the right hand side when I’m on an album as well - that was very useful, used to spend hours playing with those! However, I’m getting lots of wiggling Roon timers on artist pages so maybe Roon needs to re-index my library before I see some of the features - I’m not seeing that ‘More’ link on an artist page for example and its taking ages for even my own album to appear… I’ll go to bed now and let it do it’s stuff! :blush: (would be great if there had been a warning about how long some features would take to populate though…)

PS. Love the new look and feel though and I’m really looking forward to playing with the improved Classical compositions features in the morning! :blush:

1 Like

Me neither - we might have to wait whilst Roon does a full reindex on our library and builds the connections again?

I think the missing bits are more to do with server issues which Roon are attending to.

We will just have to be patient…again :slight_smile: