Where do I report missing albums in your database?

I recently added some files from ‘blu-ray audio only’ discs and from a few blu-rays and they aren’t recognized in your database.
I tried editing with the correct product code#, but that didn’t work.
Is there a place to report albums to ROON so that they can be added to the database?
Is there a way to flag one of these albums in the album editing pages ?
When I go into ‘album editor’ and click on ‘identify album’ > ‘none of these match’… and nothing matches, is there a way to report that the data is missing in ‘album editor’?

@Thomas_Giloy

It could be that the file format is not supported by Roon. Check this list of supported audio file formats.

Tim

Hi @Thomas_Giloy,

Just to verify, this album appears in Roon, but it isn’t identified, correct?

Generally, if you can find an album on AllMusic or MusicBrainz, we will have information for that album. If you don’t see the album in either place, then we won’t have any data for the album.

MusicBrainz allows users to create accounts and enter album information. Keep in mind that this isn’t instantly transferred to Roon.

If you do see the album on one of those sites let us know and we can take a closer look!

So if I edit the album with the correct product code# will it recognize it correctly if/when it is added to your database?
Do AllMusic or MusicBrainz send you all of the new data the receive and is it automatically added to your database?

Hi @Thomas_Giloy,

Yes, we are always getting new data from our metadata providers, so if we were to receive information for these albums it could be identified and updated with the new metadata.

Thanks.
No cataloging system is perfect, but ROON’s is so far superior to others I’ve used (JRiver, Manic Moose) I’ll happily wait.
It would be nice if there was a way to flag it for future checking in your album editing area.

I do this all the time whenever Roon does not identify an album. I have one unidentified “album” on 4100. And this is basically a collection of all the songs that have been in the Radio 2 Top 2000 in Holland for the last 20 years. 4300 tracks split into 43 discs with 100 tracks each so Roon will import everything :smile:

It takes about 2 days for newly entered data in Musicbrainz to lead to an identified album in Roon.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.