Where to download individual songs?

I subscribe to Tidal and Qobuz and also rip CDs to my hard drive. I also use Shazam to identify individual songs I would like to add to my music library. I have a long list of individual songs I would like to add to my library. In the past I have downloaded individual songs from i-tunes but the bit rate isn’t near to lossless. Where do people go to where they can download individual songs at a high quality ?

1 Like

Qobuz allows you do this, I used it to make a selection for my daughter’s wedding last year and could find most of the songs needed on Qobuz for download.

.sjb

1 Like

You can usually buy individual songs from albums listed on 7digital - most are in 16/44 or higher resolution. You can obviously also add individual tracks to your Tidal library, which will then appear in Roon.

For high-red downloads I use HDTracks https://www.hdtracks.com/ and the Qobuz Download Store https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/shop.

Ok. Some good suggestions here. Thanks everyone. It looks to me like I can do this as a work around: If I go directly to Qobuz (not through Roon) I can highlight the heart symbol on an individual song, force a scan on my Roon library and the individual song appears in my Roon library. Good. On Tidal I haven’t yet figured it out. Is there a way to do this through Roon via the Roon and Tidal links? I find you have to get the whole album using this method. ?

Thanks, Looks like if I highlight the heart on an individual song in Qobuz I can add it to my library for streaming. Looks like if I download it I need to buy the download in addition to the subscription fee I already pay.

Thanks for your help.

You can do the same in Tidal - either “heart” a whole album or individual tracks - see below. When you resync Tidal in Roon, the track will be there.

Yes, that’s the difference to streaming. On the upside you have the downloaded files, and you get to keep the download if the album disappears from streaming or you ever leave Qobuz

@Ronald_Kalvaitis, Your welcome.

Great ! Thanks for the help !

1 Like

Bandcamp is great as well.