Where to get mount.cifs on Ubuntu 16.04 install? [resolved]

Checking to see if RoonServer can run on this machine

Checking for Binary Compatibility                            [   OK   ]
Checking for ALSA Libraries                                  [   OK   ]
Checking for ffmpeg or avconv                                [   OK   ]
Checking for the mount.cifs command                          [ FAILED ]
Testing ulimit -n 8192                                       [   OK   ]

These issues must be addressed before RoonServer will run on this machine.

I have Samba installed and have the folder set up for sharing . Any help would be appreciated.

Which package did you install for Samba?
It is not the ‘Samba’ package, you’ll need to run
apt-get install cifs-utils
to install the required package for RoonServer.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks that seamed to work. It seemed to install correctly but how do I get to the GUI on my laptop. My android app works and connects but no GUI on the laptop. Thanks again!

RoonServer is just the server part of Roon. It has no interface. The interface is available on iOS, Android, Windows and macOS devices.

On Android and iOS you just need to install the Roon Remote app from the corresponding store.

On Windows/macOS, you need to download the full Roon software from the download section and select “I want to connect to a remote server” on the first launch. In a second screen you should be able to select your RoonServer as your core.

Okay , well , thanks again. I suppose I will fiddle with it , I am not sure that this what I was looking for in regards to the software. Clementine is free has a remote also plus a GUI. …Best Regards

If all you want is a player then there are lots of free options. That is only a small part of what roon is all about.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.