Whether I set Roon to send stereo/mono as mutichannel or not, its always outputs stereo music as multichannel with silent surrounds

I have the latest version of Roon, v1.6 Build 390, running on a 2012 Mac Mini server core under Mojave, outputting via HDMI to my Integra DTR-70.4 receiver.

Whether I set Roon to send stereo/mono as mutichannel or not, its always outputs stereo music as multichannel with silent surrounds. At least my receiver interprets all signals as multichannel and will not allow me to apply Dolby PLxII. So, as of now, what appears in the KB is NOT what actually happens with the current build, unless I’m doing something wrong.

I have a single HDMI output in the Audio Midi settings, set for 8 channel 24/96. I was hoping to up that to 24-32/192 with a new Mac Mini, my receiver can handle it (even DSD, but good luck with that!) But before I drop coin, I want to make sure I can get this to work correctly with my existing hardware.

I’ve tried all the Roon setting combinations I could think of, including switching the Roon HDMI output to 5.1 and 7.1 with the same results. The only way to get both stereo and multichannel music to output properly is to manually change the speaker setup in the Audio Midi app or switch between 2 and 5.1/7.1 in the Roon settings between songs.

This isn’t a workable solutions…

If I can’t get Roon to switch properly between stereo and 5.0/5.1 music sources, I feel it’s a showstopper.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Michael

@support

1 Like