Which HQP Filter are you using? [2015-2023]

Thanks. Thats odd. The CXN V2 manual and product page state dual Wolfson 8740 and up to DSD256 support. I opened a Ticket at Cambridge support to figure out whats going on. Thanks a lot.

I was wrong, this is the filter :grin:

1 Like

Any luck trying amd build?

Havent tried it yet, Iā€™ll prolly mess with it on my next day off. Im a bit hesitant to move away from debian tho, simply because im used to managing linux machines. I like having a package manager, lets me use cool things like $ s-tui

EDIT: wow. 4.30 (embedded) almost does EC @ DSD128 on an 8th gen i3 :exploding_head:. Looking forward to seeing what performance increases folks with capable hardware get.

1 Like

Testing the new hires-lp filter, seems to give lots of air and space, but maybe not as ā€œcozyā€ as ext3

1 Like

Gotta love the new Apple M1 chipsā€¦ Mac Book Air does DSD512 perfectly fine using poly-sinc-xtr-short-lp-2s / ASDM7. ASDM7EC kills it though but for now I am pretty impressed.
I noticed that my machine needs less cpu ressources when using DSD512 instead of DSD256?! DAC uses a AKM4490 chip.

1 Like

like it for upsamplimg lores :hugs:

1 Like

Hello @jussi_laako ,

Could you comment a little on the design philosophy of the new filters, especially the new gauss ones?

You can read here

4 Likes

new Sync-Ls has poetential for personal favorite for hiresā€¦.Still listeningā€¦.:hugs: (new poly-syncs sound fantastic too imo)

@jussi_laako, Is there a possible issue with 4.17 and sinc filters outputing 256 rates.

I canā€™t get any Sinc oversampling to output to x256 and 48k x256 rates.

Itā€™s not a DAC issue, with the current settings I have any oversampling selected will output x256 or 48k x256 except ALL of the sinc oversampling is going to 64 and 128 rates.

48k DSD is checked.
48k x256 bit rate limit is selected.
Multicore DSP is grayed.
Adaptive output rate is grayed.
CUDA offload is checked.

using a, corei9 10900k w/ rtx 3080ti on win10

:thinking:

Just noticed using any sincā€¦
44.1 > DSD256
48 > DSD256x48
DSD64 > DSD256x48
DSD128 > DSD256x48

all the othersā€¦
88.2 > DSD64
96 > DSDx48
176.4 > DSD128
192 > DSD128x48

sinc-S for example fails? Do you have latest Nvidia drivers installed?

None of them fail to play. The are not maxing to the 256 rates that are set in the prefs.

nVidia driver is one or two behind: 511.23 (i was having reshade problems with the newest drivers.)

Please note that the filter setting doesnā€™t apply to DSD ā†’ DSD conversion.

Noted. I just posted to show that hqplayer was upsampling DSD to the 256 rate limit in the prefs. 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 for whatever reason are not making it to the 256 rate that is set in the prefs.

This is only happening with the sinc family filters.

Iā€™ll check if I can reproduce this.

1 Like

Same computer, hqplayer 4.17 but using opencore bootloader and running macOS 10.15 sinc filters all send DSD 256 rates to the dac. So it appears to be isolated to the windows version.

I tried the 4 sinc filters in 4.16.2 in windows and they are also not playing at 256 rate limit set in prefs. All others in 4.16.2 are ok.

1 Like

Had same on Win11. Switched therefore to Ubuntu with Sync-M. Did not drill further into this.

@jussi_laako Here I realized that different behaviour of Win and Ubuntuā€¦

I A-Bā€™d them closely last night in a great listening session and in my system to my ear, the new Poly-sinc high-rez lp wins the day by a small margin. I was an ext2 and 3 user. Great addition, Jussi!

Cheers,

1 Like