Which unit decides the sound quality?

This is an old post, but as a frequent reader of this forum, I see BluOS owners discussing countless issues like these:

I’m sure there are many exceptions, but BluOS users tend to be among the least satisfied with Roon for any number of reasons. Many claim that native TIDAL playback using the BluOS app sounds better than streaming through Roon. Others describe reliability issues. Honestly, if you are comfortable with BluOS and don’t care about Roon’s music discovery features, you’re probably better off without Roon.

If someone already owns BuOS devices and added Roon later, the integration is somewhat convenient (similar to SONOS). However, I’d never recommend that a Roon subscriber purchase BluOS products specifically for use with Roon for reasons described above and many more.

Sorry if I’ve offended anyone, but I’m tired of reading posts by BluOS users about their suboptimal experiences with Roon. My advice to Roon subscribers who do not yet own BluOS / Bluesound devices is to save yourselves the headaches and steer clear.