Which USB 3 hubs are people using?

hi

im after buying a usb3 hub to connect to the nuc rock,to use with powered external harddrives,which ones would people recomened?

I find hubs to be a source of issues and would not personally suggest using one.

1 Like

I use this with 3 powered hard drives. The only thing is that my current Mac (running El Cap) has trouble finding the drives once I unplug the hub and re-plug. However, I think that this is a Mac problem, not the hub.

I researched and bought this specific hub because of the hefty power supply which is enough to feed 500mA to most of the ports concurrently.

it looks like a good hub and great reviews too,i read the info below
Compatible with most Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Mac OS X, and Linux / Unix systems. Microsoft Windows systems should install latest manufacturer USB 3.0 host controller drivers and Windows Updates. Apple Mac OS X and Linux / Unix systems require latest operating system updates for best compatibility.

i have just bought the latest nuc 7th gen i7 would the hub be ok with rock[does rock have the latest drivers for the hub]
regards
gary

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/j5create-4-port-usb-3-0-hub-black/4445016.p?skuId=4445016

I have three of these J5s in use in my office. No adverse issues to report. My system is apple based with two imac desktops.

1 Like