Whisk(e)y loving objectivists’ corner

Picked up a little something while on holiday in Mallorca! Was about half the price of anywhere in the UK selling it

5 Likes

I can nolonger smell or even really taste logavulin since mild Covid a year ago plus took paxlovid so I could tell my patients what it was like— now have switched to whiskey—- any one try Wyoming Whiskey from the Mead Ranch near Jackson Hole I like all batches Out Ryder and double cast I have tried. AND just tried Bob Dylan’s Heavens Door the batch made in Irish whisky casts (misspelled as whiskey) on the bottle any one tried that— smooth with a real nice bite on swallowing

So today, I finished a thing!

14 Likes

magnificent!

…all those lonely bottles of clear on the bottom shelf…

That’s the “cocktail” shelf

2 Likes

A spectacular thing! Will there be a meeting of Whisk(e)y loving objectivists’ to tour and sample? :wink:

almost certainly

1 Like

If my memory serves me correctly, are you domiciled in Embra (as my Weegie friends would say)?

1 Like

Aye! Edinbru born and bred.

I’m a long way ‘Dan Sarf’, but maybe we could catch up sometime when I’m back in my homeland?

1 Like

Now that is something!! :clap:t2:

1 Like

thought you guys might find this of interest:

American Single Malt Whiskey, a Freewheeling Cousin of Scotch, Comes of Age https://nyti.ms/3A61TTk

2 Likes

interesting; thanks for posting.

I often drink an interesting Single Malt made in Philly, called Red Brick. it’s very delicate, almost like cognac.

1 Like

A new one to try tonight. Never heard of prior and ordered via a whisky distributor online. Smell is weird compared to what I’m familiar with, yet the taste/finish is actually pleasant.

Watching Succession S4 Ep3 during this evaluation process. No music tonight unfortunately.

3 Likes

I was keeping this for my 60th but after a recent family tragedy decided it would be better shared.

Turns out its very, very, very nice. Whether it is 400AUD nice is undecided and I would definitely need more opinions.

2 Likes

Latest arrival. Interesting one, this. A bit hot as bottled (46 ABV). A splash of water really opens it out. Rich and sweet. The smoke is peculiar. A tiny hint on the nose, no trace of it on the palate, and then it arrives a few minutes after the finish. Very intriguing dram. Need to spend some more time with it…

4 Likes

This has quickly become my new ‘daily sipper’

6 Likes

ours too.

/10char

1 Like

I love Balvenie DoubleWood, but I’m shuddering at the thought of putting ice in it! :grin:

3 Likes

had a former naval officer in for a visit recently. she asked for a highland scotch, three cubes of ice. no more, no less; enough to cool it down, but not enough to dilute it too much.

1 Like