Who is "Eric Prydz VS Floyd" and why are they in Pink Floyd's Recommended albums?

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

No

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Qobuz

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

This artist has the name “Floyd” in it, but has no connection with Pink Floyd at all.

Thanks. I will crawl back into my cave now.

1 Like

No worries. There’s an awful lot of surprising stuff out there. I wasn’t aware of this until you posted…

Eric Prydz is pretty good but…

A few of us have been talking about this, mostly voting as “bizarre”, recommendations that Roon comes up with when it crosses genre this way. I would assume most Pink Floyd fans are fans of the genre first and then some remix that crosses genres not so much. Someone who listens to Pink Floyd and EDM / House might want a mixed playlist but I also know very few people who fit that criterion.

1 Like

I just listened this. Yeah… ok… Again, I like Eric Prydz I’m not sure why this would be thrown into a Pink Floyd mix.

anyway if you’re looking for a fun Pink Floyd influenced cross-over I can recommend

• The Orb - Metallic Spheres

Which is EDM but would take you a min to recognize what was going on if thrown into a PF playlist.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.