Who is the "oversampling Master"

A question for all the sound experts here:
After some thought, I have now treated myself to a Roon Nucleus + for my ripped CD’s, because I find Roon so much better in terms of management than anything else on the market.
So far I have done this via Lightning DS on my Auralic G1.1 with built-in SSD.
Now I want to install this SSD in the Nucleus + and use the Aries only as a streaming transport.
So here now the question:
Both Nucleus+ and the Auralic Aries G1.1 as well as the T+A DAC200 coming after it have internal up sampling and sound processing capabilities. In terms of getting the best sound quality, which of these three SP options would you use, the Nucleus+ because it has the highest processing power, or the DAC20 because it is the last link before the amplifier, or a combination?
Sorry if it is a stupid question, I am still learning.
Thanks
Wolfram

You do whichever sounds best to you in your system. There is no ‘correct’ answer. Try each alternative in isolation and combination. If you can’t hear any difference then don’t bother with processing.

1 Like

For me the master will be HQPlayer, but also this depends from the used DAC (for the T+A it’s highly recommanded).
With your Nucleus (if you don’t an additional PC), you’re limited to use Roon’s internal upsampling, but it’s no problem to compare in activating and deactivating Roon’s upsampling…

1 Like

Roon does not oversample it upsamples, DAC’s themselves tend to oversample, they are two different approaches. Upsampling is done to avoid the DACs inbuilt oversampling or for Non Over Sampling DACS some believe it improves their performance.

1 Like

HQPlayer….but you need to run it on another computer as the Nucleus is a closed system.

1 Like