Who will be the first one to try to upgrade to 2.0 on Synology DSM7?

I have the version from

RoonOnNAS

I have the version from RoonOnNAS

I had the same problem. I resolved it mysteriously with a simple account disconnect/connect.

Yes and to make matters clear, RoonOnNAS doesn’t actually include Roon Core; the software downloads the latest Roon Core during installation, which will be 2.0…

Working perfectly for me, Synology NAS via Docker.

that did the trick. thanks.

Same here. The „legacy“ Roon App sporadically plays songs. The Roon Arc App has no problems.
Thats an issue because there is no Roon Arc App for Mac and native for my iPad.

Does someone has a solution oder idea?

Hi all, I don’t want to start a panic but some of the comments here sound like the problem I just resolved. I had installed RoonServer_Synology_DSM7_x86-64_20220216.spk to try out Roon on my DS918+ and it just would not work properly (a previous install some time ago had worked fine). I removed it but then had bunch of strange system behaviours and failures start to manifest. I contacted Synology Support who logged in and told me that the Roon user had choked my /tmp directory with thousands and thousands of files and that was causing the weird behaviours. Upshot. Cleared the Roon owned files out and NAS is behaving again.

So if you are having weird NAS issues or have this package installed, I’d suggest checking the NAS’s /tmp dir just to be sure there is not a problem.

I have made another post about this with more details.

Yesterday I took some time to make some effort of resolving the issue - with success . I‘m no techie so please excuse if this seams not very elegant. So maybe it helps to bring your server up and running again too.

I built-up the roon server from scratch:

• First an foremost, I made the DSM-OS-Update to 7.2 inuding Version 7.1.1. that fixed a handling with AAC-Files (what makes 95% of my files)
  • I swept my complete roon installation (renaming the shared folder to something different and back to RoonServer, formatted the external SSD usb-drive, Installed roon 2.0). And yes, I lost all my stats by doing that - no issue for me.
  • Installed the additional codec as mentioned here (it is only mentioned on the english page, the german one lacks this appendix!)

After that I rebootet Synology, rebooted roon, let roon index newly and waited some time. And it worked. Don‘t ask me what of these steps exactly did the trick, maybe it needed them altogether, I can‘t say but my roon is up and running again.