Whosampled integration

@danny

This is certainly only of interest for a subset of users:

I would like to have Whosampled integrated into Roon. When I play a track that is in Whosampled’s database, I can press a button which the shows me the tracks that have been sampled inside the current track, or the other way around it shows me tracks where parts of the current track have been used.

http://blog.whosampled.com/tag/api/

I know this feature would have to stand in a (long) line, but would it be possible at all?

5 Likes

Great idea!

Yeah, a really nice idea!

I’ve wanted this integration since day one. It’s the coolest music discovery tool and really pays homage to original artists. I believe the price to license this content is outrageous, but I’m voting for it. I’d pay more through an “in app purchase” or Roon Ultimate subscription type of thing.

2 Likes

Oh yes please!

Whosampled is a great source when I’m in archeology mode. To have this integrated is a natural extension to the metadata links already available.

1 Like

I’m glad that there was already a feature request for this. This seems like it would facilitate the kind of discovery and navigation between artists that is right in Roon’s wheelhouse. I also would pay more for this feature.

1 Like

+1 from me. I think this could be great fun!

+1 This could be one of the greatest features. The best way to discover influences

Very nice idea!

+1000 I would love this.

Roon + Tidal + WhoSampled (and HQP) would be a fantastic example of the whole being much greater than the sum of the parts.

Juat adding my vote for WhoSampled integration. It seems like a perfect addition to Roon. Breadcrumbs and rabbit holes.

Exactly. And since nobody at RoonLabs has said it wouldn’t happen, it can still happen. Right ?