Why a Free Google Drive is better then a Free Dropbox account for Backing Up Your Music

Hi everyone. I know many of you may have a free backup device for your Roon backup, but I believe some users may be confused. Roon backup doesn’t backup your music, it just backups your files Roon needs for your profile and other magic bits and bobs. You’re music, is not backedup by Roon.

Dropbox’s free account of 2 gigs is large enough for the Roon backups, but not for your music backups so I do suggest creating a free Dropbox account for your Roon data backups.

I suggest people choose Google Drive vs. Drop Box for a free account for your music because Google Drive offers you 15 gigs for free. Now if you have more then this, then you may look for another option, but for people that want more free storage I think Google is the way to go. This is especially the case because it’s so easy to backup your files. If you install Google Drive to your pc, just right click, click on more options and press sync/backup. It’s that simple!

I am fortunate that my graduating class gift from my university gave all of it’s graduates continued use of our university email account and 2 TB of free google cloud storage for life.

2 Likes