Why can't my Roon ARC obtain IP information?

After restarting the Roon server, the Arc often fails to display IP address information. Although it shows as ready, without the IP information, it cannot establish a connection. Sometimes, however, it does display the IP address information, and during those times, remote connections work as expected.

Thanks for getting back to me. Since I can’t reply directly, I’ll just edit it here. Really sorry about that. My home network runs on IPv4, which can’t be accessed externally. Only IPv6 allows external access. I’ve noticed that every time I restart the ROON server, the IP information disappears in the ARC test section. I have to reboot the router, and there’s a chance it’ll display the IP information again. But it’s quite inconsistent; sometimes it takes multiple tries. As long as the IP info shows up, ARC can connect to the ROON server remotely. Does this mean the router and network setup are correct? I’ve checked the ROON server’s network card, and it’s getting the right IP address automatically. But ARC doesn’t show it. Without ARC displaying the IP, it won’t work properly. I’m not sure what the issue is. If there’s a chance this gets resolved with an upgrade, I’ll leave it be for now.

@Linhua_Yu,
I’ve moved your topic to the ARC: Port Forwarding Help section of the forum that is monitored by Roon support staff.

Hi @Linhua_Yu,

We’ve activated diagnostic mode to take a closer look. You appear to be encountering an intermittent timeout due to the prefix handling of your IPv6-format network setup.

First, try disabling IPv6 and enabling UPnP in your router settings to see if you can autoconfigure ARC via a full IPv4-format network.

If you rely on IPv6 for other network equipment in your setup, then instead try switching your network to a native IPv6 setup with a /56 prefix assignment. You should have DHCPv6 enabled. If you see any IPv6 firewall or “pinholing” rules, please add the same port number and IP address listed in your screenshot of Roon settings.

If none of the above works:

We have a related fix in the Early Access beta testing group now. If you’re willing to wait, this fix will be merged public in the next release and may resolve your issue without intervention on your part.

Alternatively, you can join the beta test group by following these instructions on how to switch your iOS device and RoonServer machine to the #earlyaccess branch:

Hi @Linhua_Yu,

I wanted to check in before this thread auto-closed. Are you still encountering this issue?

Hi @Linhua_Yu,

This change will be released in the next build of Roon. Please stand by and look in Software Release Notes for the update.