Why do some tracks have heart icon and some don’t?

Albums have to be in your library before the heart symbol will show up.
You can play any album without adding to library but will not be able to heart a track within in until added to library

1 Like

Im really trying to do everything i can to stick with roon but sometimes it just makes my head explode! I cant like a song unless i have already liked the album, is that correct? On what planet does that even make sense (

I just added an album to my library but still dont see a heart icon for the track. So confusing and unnecessarily so imo

1 Like

Not in my system.
All I need to do is to add the album to my library and then I can heart any track within.
I do NOT have to heart the album itself to do this.
Not sure why after adding the album to your library you cannot see it UNLESS you are still on the track in question PRIOR to you having added the album.
Roon unfortunately still sees THAT track as not belonging to an album in your library.
Back out of it, go back to the album and play the track from the album you now just added, you should then see the heart.

Not making any excuses but just trying to explain how it works right now.

1 Like

It makes sense because you have two libraries. The library of your streaming service, and your Roon library. If you want to like/ban or otherwise ‘curate’ an album/track it needs to be in your Roon library. Locally hosted files are natively members of your Roon library but streaming albums have to be added.

3 Likes

Thanks for your help. I still think it’s daft though. Why do people who want the best hardware have to put up with such rubbish software!

If you find something better, let us know and we’ll all switch.

3 Likes

Indeed. The Spotify app is better in 100 different ways. Roon is better in only 1 way I.E. sound quality. Unfortunately it’s a pretty awful choice for someone who wants the best all round