Why does it take 7 taps to delete an album on an iPad?

No, don’t think so.

The point is, Roon is not a collection manager. It creates a very nice library display but nothing done within Roon has any impact on the collection outside of Roon. Except this delete function. It’s like a toaster that will only burn your toast. It doesn’t need a delete function at all. The function should be remove from library display. Odd product choices, but eccentricity often comes with brilliance.

1 Like

You are right. I had argued for its removal for awhile. Imho, it was left over from Roon’s launch, when there was an option to import your music and let Roon organize it.

However, now that there is a CD Ripper, I can see the value of having the Delete Option, since users will not know what to delete based on looking at the file structure since rips are generically named by date/time of the rip, not by actual disk title.

Which is another very odd development choice. Sure, that is the reason why delete now makes sense, because users who use the rip function cannot find their media since Roon doesn’t see fit to do anything other than park the media on a HDD basically unidentified.

That whole aspect just frustrated the heck out of me. Roon making itself even more of a non-inter-operable silo than it already is. Silly choices.

This is why I manage all file-embedded metadata and file structure outside of Roon. It’s a Venus Fly Trap.

I wouldn’t have a problem with the Delete function disappearing, as long as there was a “Remove from library” function for stuff from Qobuz or Tidal. And then this could be more conveniently located as there would be no argument that it could affect your own file system.

It used to be a lot easier but there were lots of complaints that it was too easy so they made it harder.
Swing that pendulum.

1 Like

This is the most absurd thread. Deleting an album is toooo tedious. Please address. Thank you.

1 Like

Are you trying to talk over my head?

Yeah, so have I. What is your point?

Uhm, yes, since I use that feature fairly often – both to delete/remove Tidal albums from my library (and from Tidal favourites obviously) and to remove files from my disc. Think it is bloody fantastic that I don’t have to connect to the disc where my files are stored through a different connection to delete something I want to get rid off.

Honestly I don’t get the silly part or what this has to do with anyone’s ability of using, or experience with, software? [Moderated]

I would say it is a fairly common thing on these forums that users has widely different opinion on what is and or should be.

1 Like

The problem is, that the delete/removal process was implemented before streaming services were. Sure, makes sense (somewhat) in regards to your local files, but makes no sense to have so many steps for virtual online titles. For example yesterday I quickly added a title from Qobuz, and then when I went to play it, lo and behold all was ‘unavailable’ Well, I don’t want that in library. So seven steps later…

Sorry, I just find it ridiculous to defend such a byzantine process, even for ripped files, so therefore my comment, as this many steps is way out of the norm for any other piece of software I’ve ever used.

[Moderated] I apologize, but would just love to see some change around this.

1 Like

I find that to be odd as well. I’d have rather the engineering time was used on other things. People would be better served by using a dedicated ripper and metadata editing program.

Also as @Anthony_B said, roon is not a file manager, that’s the job of the OS.

This tread started with the generic “deleting things from my library is hard” complaint. I made the assumption that OP was talking about local files, not links to streamed files. I am of the belief that Roon should not delete anything, go to the OS level and delete them. There is a zillion ways to do that on any OS. But roon should have an easy “unlink” or “Remove” button for links to streamed media.

Sheldon

That assumption was incorrect.

Well having a clearer and more complete requirement would have helped (as in anything to do with IT).

Did you see this?

I have now! Brilliant!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.