Why I VERY nearly didn't Renew my Membership

I feel your frustration. On one hand, Roon seems like the type of small company that cares greatly about their product and should care about their user base (unless their goal is to get acquired and go live on yachts) – but on the other hand, it doesn’t seem like they engage much with the hardcore users who encounter serious issues. It’s the users who love the product the most and stretch the boundaries of what it can do who will evangelize their friends and family about it, growing the userbase.

Yet I have seen very few examples on this forum (especially in threads from the last 6 months or so) where they have said “We hear what you are saying, and we’re working on it. What specifically could we do to make your experience better and/or fix the frustrations you are having?” Instead we’re all just kinda left in the dark as to whether Roon is working on fixing these issues or if they think things are fine as-is.

I’m pretty sure that someone from Roon reads each and every thread on this forum, which is mildly reassuring. Due to the recent Black Friday deal, I haven’t invested a lot into the platform financially (only my time to set it up and tinker) so I’m a bit more patient than I would be had I paid for an annual membership and seen no changes or updates after a year or whatever. My big complaint is with Roon Radio (it’s repetitive, and limited to a single starting point, which gets boring) so I’ll give it a year and see if they add any features to fix it in 2021.