Why is most Hi Def music available only 16 bit 44 kHz?

But where can we see the upsampling rate of the Chord Mojo? We only see the upsampling rate of Roon or the sample rate of the music file itself.

The lights on Mojo 2 indicate the input sample rate, not the output.

It would be important to know the output sample rate since that’s what it matters for the listener in the end.

There is no output sample rate. There is analog output.

The internal upsampling must be considered as an integral aspect of the working of the conversion process itself.

1 Like

I would advise you to stop focussing on sample rates, and focus on the music instead.

4 Likes

I am close to that point, I just need to sort out how to pass over bit perfect “untouched” music to Mojo that would bypass the Windows format:
2023-03-05_12-48
Windows will choose the default if I don’t choose anything, but I want Windows to bypass it totally and not touch it, just give it over to the Mojo 2. How do I get Windows doing that?
I play music via Spotify sometimes because it has a much better music discovery than Roon / Tidal / Qobuz.
And the Mojo driver doesn’t seem to have the option to take exclusive control over the device, so that’s why Windows is able to set a sampling rate by default for it.
How do I prevent that, when I play via Spotify (which is unable to take exclusive control over the Mojo)?

Why is it important to know? Your really over thinking things here. All non NoS dacs oversample to what the designer feels gets the best results. This will vary per DAC and none show this as it really isn’t important and only a few say what it does. Dacs only show the input rate to the DAC not what it does inside.

1 Like

If you’re using WASAPi output tick Exclusice mode on dacs settings in Roon. If using ASIO it’s already exclusive and will output native. Do not use system output as this is not able to be exclusive and goes though the whole systems audio processing path.

3 Likes