Why is Roon broken so much since 1.6

Hi everyone,

First, if you haven’t seen it yet, I definitely recommend checking out Mike’s post here from earlier in this discussion, since that gives some context on why you may be seeing more of these reports. I also wanted to provide an update on the current investigation.

After investigating these reports, our team has identified one issue that is affecting performance and contributing to slow searching. We currently have a fix for this performance issue in testing, and while I can’t provide any specific details on when this will be available, our team is hard at work on getting this tested and released as soon as possible. We will be sure to let you all know when this is available.

The issue we’re looking into is separate from ongoing improvements to search performance, which are also in progress.

Finally, I wanted to echo Andrew’s post above:

While we have one fix in the works for our next release, it is important for us to continue gathering reports in #support, so we can confirm whether the symptoms people are seeing are related to the issue we’re currently fixing, or something environmental, or something else entirely.

If you’re posting to #support, we are looking for the following information from those experiencing this issue:

1. Setup details including Core machine, remotes, and network topology.
  2. What type of slowness is occurring? Is it only search or are you experiencing slowness elsewhere?
  3. Does this slowness occur on all remote devices, or just one?
  4. Speedtest results from here when you’re experiencing this slow behavior.

Thanks to all of you for your patience here. We will be sure to keep you updated when new information is available on the aforementioned fix and we will be continuing to look into any reports posted to the #support category.

1 Like