Why is the software section suddenly showing old posts?

maybe related, was just notified two of my posts from last year were edited.

And all about Tidal. Hmm

1 Like

It’s because a moderator is moving posts between categories.

The posts were originally together in Audio Gear Talk > Music Services.

However, it’s felt that because Tidal and Qobuz are integrated into Roon, the Tidal and Qobuz categories are better placed in the Roon Software Discussion category. That’s all.

2 Likes

This seems to happen any time a mod moves something and it makes for a confusing experience for everyone. Maybe don’t move stuff around so much unless absolutely totally necessary?

1 Like

It would be great if people would relax a little. This is simply a forum where people exchange ideas and opinions. It’s not really that important if post get moved or deleted or whatever. I doubt anything said by anyone here is so profound it really matters.

Yep, I wish there was a way of doing this without disturbing others but alas it is what it is.
Similar happens when necro topics autoclose.

Well not everyone, but I agree it’s an unfortunate side effect … and rest assured mods and admin don’t move topics around on a whim.

We recently had clarification from Roon as to where Tidal and Qobuz topics should be located, previously there were split across two categories. Now it’s clear … see below …

and now this post is showing as having been edited.

Yes, because it was moved to the correct section of the site #roon-community-site.

1 Like