Why Roon needs to adapt and evolve...pov of a partially disgruntled yearly subscriber

As I discussed in the thread I started a while back, I don’t believe in linking mobile devices back to the home Roon Core:

Your home is not set up and operated as a reliable service. There is a link chain of single points of failure (internet service provider, network devices, storage devices, computers, power strips) with hardware, firmware and software that can fail, or fail to restart after an update or power glitch. (I knocked over something and it fell on the ON/OFF switch on the power strip for the network switch for the NUC.) And in case of failure, when you are away there is probably nobody capable or inclined to troubleshoot and remediate (“is it my cable modem or Comcast?”). Even in a professionally operated cloud data center, the staff is aware of the less than 100% rate of successful restart.

A solution based on remote access to a home service would appeal only to a small community of geeks. And we agree in several recent threads, this and mine and others, that we should broaden the appeal.