Why spend the extra money for a Nucleus rather than a less expensive desktop computer?

No - A good friend did help me with the installation.

Torben

I like that fanless case. What is it? (Am in the US.)

@shankha - “cirrus7 nimbini v3” - from a German company. I don’t know if they ship to the US

Torben

Last time I asked whether cirrus7 shipped to the US via their “Contact” page they didn’t even reply, so I gave up.

I have read all answers, as usual, very interesting conversation

Back to the root, the main question was “Why spend the extra money for a Nucleus rather than a less expensive desktop computer?”

This is all about the money or about the service you expect to get?

If you are only concerned about silent, fanless machine I had proposed a simple one and a few posts back Torben shown a “wao!” fanless concept (under DIY fabric)

If you can afford the Nucleus nice powerful well designed and built, why not? In terms about service will be a plug & play item, which is an interesting idea, after all

Mine, Torben and so many others need little knowledge for make it work. The Nucleus is plug & play

For the ones with certain habilities and a spare / free computer you can download and build a Rock machine, why not

Probably without any kind of economical issues I would have made a Rock machine close to my DAC, instead of sharing a Multimedia PC with the Windows Roon installed.

But this is my vision, nothing to be followed more than an inspirational thought