Why was this hidden?

Another video on MQA.

@Carl: Why was this hidden? There were no inflammatory comments, and no criticism of anyone else’s views of any kind.

Is it now against Room policy to publish videos discussing/exposing MQA?

1 Like

This has already been posted at least two to three other times in the community, and that violates community standards after being posted the first time. I’m sure that is why it had been hidden.

I thought there are/were threads that “expose” MQA, and this video has already been discussed in those threads already. This thread is about “Why do manufacturers support MQA?”

That video does not change anything for me. We have to support whatever format Tidal or Qobuz choose, whether it is MQA or anything else. We supported MQA only because of Tidal, and customer demand.

2 Likes

Is not your complaint “ax grinding”? Moderators, I flagged this. In the last few days I added content about recent findings about certain MQA dacs, and responded to @robbi_burdeck posting of relevant and recent article - all related directly related to this thread. Are not those who are not interested in the topic “ax grinding” with their constant complaint that MQA - a feature in Roon - is being discussed?!?!

edit: I see @robbi_burdeck content and my response has been moved. Why? It was directly related to the subject.

@richard_keiser,

Your post was flagged as being off topic and was pending review by the moderation team.

You then edited it, knowing it would then unhide, rather than waiting for the mods to approve or not the flag. This behaviour is frowned upon if you have a question for the mods it should be via PM or in this category so as not to derail the topic in hand.

You can see that other forum uses have now replied to your question which is in line with our view.

To summarise…

• This video is off topic and does not contribute to the discussion in hand.
  • This video had been posted numerous times, and all that needed to be discussed has been.

This is a link to that topic …

Regards,
Carl

Discussion about moderation split out to here and a new MQA topic created …

It’s no fun to be frowned upon. Better not to post MQA stuff. Someone always flags it.

The Roon community forum has definitely changed.

4 Likes

Ok thanks for keeping it in the relevant area. I am confused as to why it needed it’s own thread however, as it was in the context of the discussion on the “manufacturers” thread…

And why are the hundreds of almost identical post of the MQA advertising team not also hidden?

2 Likes

There are numerous repetitive posts both pro and anti MQA, however, these are mainly historical.

Following a change in governance from Roon the admin and moderation teams are now stricter on this.

Regards,
Carl

1 Like

Hi Carl,
Thanks for your message and very nice to e-meet you.

I’ve never had any content hidden on this forum before, and I think Roon is an awesome product.

When my post was hidden, I received these helpful instructions in an email from Roon, explaining that I could modify the original post and it would be unhidden (please see below). Since I saw nothing objectionable in my post, I followed the instructions and chose to do so.

Accordingly, I am now surprised that you are informing me that the very practice that Roon explained to me is frowned upon.

In any event, best regards.

RK

Received from Roon at 11:36am EST today:

This is an automated message from Roon Labs Community to let you know that your post was hidden.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/why-do-manufacturers-support-mqa/155965/398

Your post was flagged as off-topic: the community feels it is not a good fit for the topic, as currently defined by the title and the first post.

This post was hidden due to flags from the community, so please consider how you might revise your post to reflect their feedback. You can edit your post after 10 minutes, and it will be automatically unhidden.

1 Like

Imho, the video, and why it had been flagged, had nothing at all to do with Why Do Manufactures Support MQA. I’m surprised that many more of the comments aren’t flagged as being off topic.

You have emphasised the final sentence, but ignored the sentence preceding it. Editing is an opportunity to revise the post to reflect feedback from community flags, not a method of clearing flags without revision.