WiFi Arc Not Working on Deco X50 Router (ref#1W80E7)

Full form submission

Network Setup

· I use a single personal router not provided by my ISP

ARC Status

· ARC is *Not Ready*

Roon Error Code

· ConflictInMappingEntry

What status do you see after changing the port?

· ARC is "Not Ready"

Don't give up yet.

· I'm stuck. I'd like to create a post to ask Roon Community for help.

Describe the issue

I am using Deco X50 and it is the only router in the network. While using wifi arc is not working, showing error:

{
"ipv4_connectivity": {"status":"NetworkError","status_code":504,"error":"error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined"},
"external_ip": {"actual_external_ip":"212.ddd.eee.fff","actual_external_ipv6":"null","router_external_ip":"null"},
"natpmp_autoconfig": {"status":"NotFound"},
"upnp_autoconfig": {"server_ip":"192.168.68.1","found_upnp":true,"error":"s:ClientUPnPError718ConflictInMappingEntry"}
}

The problem persists after changing the ports. On my DECO, UPNP is on. Any help would be appreciated.

Describe your network setup

ISP: Penkiu kontinentu komunikaciju centras, LTD
DECO X50
Router wifi -> Roon server -> Streamer
Roon server: Windows 10

See Port mapping conflict here:

Do you have other devices using port forwarding?

1 Like

Sure I read the troubleshoot.
No idea where to look for other ports forwarded. My deco admin interface shows this (attached). These were created by me.

Sorry, no idea :frowning:

@tadas_val, why do you have two port forwarding rules using two different port numbers? I don’t understand the difference between the rules for Roon and Roon WiFi. You should need only one port forwarding rule for ARC, and it should use the port number defined in Roon’s Roon ARC settings tab.

1 Like

Two different internal ip’s are assigned depending on whether the roon server is connected via wifi or ethernet cable. I have therefore created two different rules…

Your server needs to use a single IP address; it won’t dynamically change port forwarding when you switch network interface.

I suggest you assign a fixed (via DHCP) IP address for Roon server using the wired connection, and only port forward to this address.

2 Likes

ok, so now the situation is:

1. set the constant IP using DHCP to 192.168.68.56
  2. set the rule at port forwarding:
  3. And now I got total error while on wifi:

This message suggests that the server doesn’t have an active internet connection. What is the default route %or the interface you have chosen?

half way here!
Ok while on wifi.
but now, when I connect server to ethernet, it gets IP xxx.56, despite the fact that I set constant IP xx.55 to this device.

and because of that, I receive an error again (but only on ethernet). Any ideas?

Each network interface will be assigned a different IP address, so this is correct. However, it looks like the Ethernet connection (192.168.68.56) doesn’t have a default route, i.e., Roon cannot connect to the Internet.

Can you confirm this with a web browser? Make sure Wi-Fi is turned off when you do this. If you’re not using DHCP, then you’ve probably configured the interface incorrectly.

In deco admin I have an option Address Reservation. It is a feature that allows you to reserve an IP address for a device . This IP will be assigned via the Deco’s DHCP Server each time the device connects to Deco.
In IP Adress line I wrote that excat IP. MAC address shows my server’s MAC.

So it shouldn’t matter whether I connect via ethernet or wifi…

I’m not familiar with this mesh system. Did you reserve a different IP address for Ethernet and Wi-Fi?

What may help is a screenshot of network properties from the Windows machine showing IP address, default gateway etc.

I guess I understand the situation. Everytime I switch from wifi to wired, I have to change ARC port in roon settings (according to my port forwarding rule).
I see no other way, but it’s fine to me.
Anyway, very grateful for a help! Gave me very good tips.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.