Will Chord 2go + 2yu allow me to control the volume knob of the target DAC?

Sirs, just one simple question: will the Roon + Chord 2go + 2yu allow me to control the volume knob of the target DAC/IntegratedAMP via USB/COAX?

Target device — Technics SU-G700 integrated amp.

Right now Roon through AirPlay (Technics SL-G700 with SU-G700) roll the volume knob normally.

Want to use RAAT.

ROON
Mediaserver → Ethernet - 2go - 2yu - USB → SU-G700

I noticed you have the Technics SU-G700. How is it? Does Roon recognize it as your DAC?

No it wont. Only Roon Ready integrated preamps or full amps can, some dacs do allow it but they are few in number. You can use DSP volume on the streamer only which will give you two volume controls and is not desirable.

Yes, Roon successfully recognizes the SU-G700 as a DAC.

Hi I’d like to better understand this, is there any supporting material that explains how to get Roon volume control can be used to directly control volume on a DAC/pre-amplifier.

No just what you will find online if you google or search the forum somone from Roon might have commented but it’s not Roon specific.

To control hardware volume the DAC has to have been built with this in mind and offer this over usb control or its network connection if Roon Ready. This isn’t just Roon this is across the board. If not then it’s down to software volume in this case Roons DSP which is as good or better than Digital hardware volume control on some DACs.

Thanks, yeah this is where I’m getting tripped up.

In my ideal situation I’d have a USB streamer/endpoint feeding my DAC preamplifier. I could use COAX or TOSLink as well, but would prefer USB so I can have native DSD playback. But only if I can have working volume control bypass.

I’m fine with Roon DSP volume control and happy to use it, but struggling to find devices that support it over a digital connection.

You need to use Roon Bridge device to use it like Sonore or SoTM or just a pi or pc will do. As the DSP volume runs on the endpoint most streamers won’t support it due to this. Some do but not sure what they are.